CJS wrote:On your DIY signature, I bought a house 20 years ago with a marble bathroom floor, then it cracked, then I realised the bathroom had been two rooms knocked into one and they should have done something with the joists. Started the job and the bathroom floor has not been complete since...because I have too many cars!
you got the V6 head gaskets done though right?
D
92 Citroen XM Prestige 3.0i Auto R.P5678
14 Mitsubishi L200 Trojan
89 Talbot Express 2.0 coach built Auto-trail Chinook
Hi Chris, I have a mandarin SED too, but k reg. Just out of interest, what's the RP number (number printed on the passenger door pillar) on the SED? Being G reg, another early car known to the club would be interesting, especially being a diesel, as the other early cars are V6 and 2.0 models.
Russ
1992 K reg XM 2.1 Auto SED RP 5712
1992 K reg XM 2.1 Auto SED RP 5705 (D)
Also
2003 C5 2.2 HDI Exclusive
That made me laugh. All new bolts, that's what took the time as they were unobtainable in the UK where after weeks of delay I got some but not all head bolts, exhaust studs, stem seals etc. Walked into my local Citroen dealer in Normandy, ordered the missing bits and they came the next day which was silly of me as the rebuild was done in Normandy anyway so I should have gone there first. And the French shake your hand every time you walk in. They think I am a nutcase with my XMs, but they are very helpful. Clearly a good head rebuild is more important than a bathroom floor. Both heads lightly skimmed (more of a clean) at Jenkins in Whitton, bloke in there had/has a Lotus Carlton, far more interesting than floors which we did not discuss. Never was sure that the slight water use was the heads, incredible job to do then find you might not have needed to.
SED is RP 4873, March 13th 1990 I have in my notes. As mentioned above 2011 I fitted new exhaust, repiped over the back axle, walked the MOT then at random water would drip at the back of the engine which I think was a pipe rather than head gasket. Going into 2012 my work (technical design of TV studios) went from recession rare to overload and the SED got parked. I think it could be brought back to life because there's 20 coats of Waxoyl underneath and every six months it starts no problem. I'll try starting it this weekend because it is daft just leaving it in one of my two parking spaces. The 2.5 has to have a council parking permit so the SED can sit on the drive!
Edited to add, just looking at your website Russ. Good stuff. I can change an XM 2.1 head gasket but can neither draw nor play a musical instrument, and am impressed by those that can.
CJS wrote:On your DIY signature, I bought a house 20 years ago with a marble bathroom floor, then it cracked, then I realised the bathroom had been two rooms knocked into one and they should have done something with the joists. Started the job and the bathroom floor has not been complete since...because I have too many cars!
you got the V6 head gaskets done though right?
D
Life's all about priorities.
91 3.0 sei M. 4852 EXY Black
92 2.1 sed M. 5740 ECZ Sable Phenicien
92 3.0 V6-24. 5713 EXY Black
92 2.1 sd M. 5685 ENT Blue Sideral
Prev
90 2.1sd M. 5049 EJV Mandarin
92 2.1sd A. 5698 EJV Mandarin
94 2.1sd A. 6218 ERT Triton
91 2.0si M. 5187 EWT White