I must be mad.........

New to the forum? Feel free to introduce yourself / your cars. Also have a look for any frequently asked questions and information.
User avatar
fakeconcern
Knows how to use the parking brake
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:30 pm

I must be mad.........

Post by fakeconcern »

.........as I've put a deposit down on an XM! It's the black one in this thread viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6890

It looks lovely, but for various reasons we could only try it up & down the driveway. As it is Franklin selling it I'm sure it goes as well as it looks. I already knew Franklin from FCF as I have a C4 VTS & he has a C4 Loeb, I also met him at a couple of shows a while ago. I don't collect it until next weekend, but my daughter took a few photos on her phone.

[URL=http://s1292.photobucket.com/user/ ... .jpg[/img][/url]
[URL=http://s1292.photobucket.com/user/ ... .jpg[/img][/url]
1995 XM V6 Exclusive
2005 C4 VTS 180
Dean
Global Moderator
Posts: 6116
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:53 am
Location: Isle of wight

Re: I must be mad.........

Post by Dean »

Hello sir, it looks like a vary nice car, just need to sort the internal rain judging by the condensation inside. Best of luck with it.

D
92 Citroen XM Prestige 3.0i Auto R.P5678
14 Mitsubishi L200 Trojan
89 Talbot Express 2.0 coach built Auto-trail Chinook

Addicted to Crackanory
User avatar
fakeconcern
Knows how to use the parking brake
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:30 pm

Re: I must be mad.........

Post by fakeconcern »

Dean wrote:Hello sir, it looks like a vary nice car, just need to sort the internal rain judging by the condensation inside. Best of luck with it.

D
Thank you. I think the condensation is from four of us sitting in it (turned off) on a very cold day. At least I hope so.
1995 XM V6 Exclusive
2005 C4 VTS 180
Dean
Global Moderator
Posts: 6116
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:53 am
Location: Isle of wight

Re: I must be mad.........

Post by Dean »

Yep that's what it will be then, you get the plate with it too I take it? Very nice looking car, you have done well there.

D
92 Citroen XM Prestige 3.0i Auto R.P5678
14 Mitsubishi L200 Trojan
89 Talbot Express 2.0 coach built Auto-trail Chinook

Addicted to Crackanory
Ciaran
Site Admin
Posts: 1830
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:59 pm
Orga / RP numbers: 1234
5678
91011
Location: Ireland

Re: I must be mad.........

Post by Ciaran »

Welcome to the nut house.

Lovely looking XM, nice numberplate too. Throw away those Monte Carlo wheels and get a set of Etoiles or S1 24vs on there and it'll be perfect :D

Ciarán
User avatar
MTXM
Citroen God!
Posts: 4901
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:45 pm
Location: Bacton-on-Sea, Norfolk

Re: I must be mad.........

Post by MTXM »

The previous owner Geoff is a very nice chap and looks after his cars so I am sure you made a good purchase. Do we know anything about the earlier history of the car and I assume it is not the black S2 24v once owned by Charles? With regards, Matthew T.
1989 V6 Exclusive (Poland car) - Now living in a local Motor Museum!
1990 V6sei auto (grey auto)
1990 V6sei manual (gold car)
1990 V6.24 Pallas (Germany car)
1990 V6.24v (Scotland car)
Other previous XM sold and broken too many to mention!
mds141
Citrobics expert
Posts: 700
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 4:18 pm
Orga / RP numbers: 8542
Location: Lancaster.

Re: I must be mad.........

Post by mds141 »

You should be fine buying off Franklin and Patrick. I bought my XM off them in 2011 and I haven't had any real problems with it. I recognise those alloys, I sold them to Geoff in 2013!! They look much better for a refurb though. Welcome aboard the good ship XM. :)
Mark Smith.

2000 XM VSX 2.1 td auto. Rouge Magenta. RP 8542.
1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine.
1997 Honda Firestorm.
User avatar
fakeconcern
Knows how to use the parking brake
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:30 pm

Re: I must be mad.........

Post by fakeconcern »

Ciaran wrote:Welcome to the nut house.

Lovely looking XM, nice numberplate too. Throw away those Monte Carlo wheels and get a set of Etoiles or S1 24vs on there and it'll be perfect :D

Ciarán
Thanks! I didn't even notice the plate to start with.

I don't know what the various wheels are called, but I like the Wobbly web (!) ones. I don't suppose my wife will let me buy any though!
1995 XM V6 Exclusive
2005 C4 VTS 180
User avatar
fakeconcern
Knows how to use the parking brake
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:30 pm

Re: I must be mad.........

Post by fakeconcern »

MTXM wrote:The previous owner Geoff is a very nice chap and looks after his cars so I am sure you made a good purchase. Do we know anything about the earlier history of the car and I assume it is not the black S2 24v once owned by Charles? With regards, Matthew T.
I am hoping so! The car is a 12v, know that's the wrong one to get, but it looks great and I only really want to cruise in it, I have a C4 VTS to zoom around in!
1995 XM V6 Exclusive
2005 C4 VTS 180
User avatar
fakeconcern
Knows how to use the parking brake
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:30 pm

Re: I must be mad.........

Post by fakeconcern »

mds141 wrote:You should be fine buying off Franklin and Patrick. I bought my XM off them in 2011 and I haven't had any real problems with it. I recognise those alloys, I sold them to Geoff in 2013!! They look much better for a refurb though. Welcome aboard the good ship XM. :)
That's what I thought as well. Thanks for the welcome.
1995 XM V6 Exclusive
2005 C4 VTS 180
Post Reply