3.0 V6-24 Project

The place to show off and tell us all about your XMs (or even other cars). Should it be a big project, or just some general pics, start your thread in here.
Post Reply
Dieselman
Global Moderator
Posts: 15282
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:44 pm

Re: 3.0 V6-24 Project

Post by Dieselman »

I fitted the loom and Ecu box, filled with petrol and antifreeze/de-ionised water at 50/50 concentration and fired the engine up to purge air from the cooling system.
I had filled the header tank to above the full marker then inserted a funnel as an extended header tank.

During purging the level rose up the funnel nearly to the brim before the cooling fans came on, then it gradually fell again resting in the neck of the funnel until I switched off the engine, at which point it gradually fell back to the Max fill mark.

I had clamped the overflow pipe to stop any coolant that bypassed the funnel running away. No coolant did pass the funnel.

I checked for leaks at all the O rings and pipes and under the engine. All is good.
WP_20261004_001.jpg
WP_20261004_004.jpg
WP_20261004_008.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
91 3.0 sei M. 4852 EXY Black
92 2.1 sed M. 5740 ECZ Sable Phenicien
92 3.0 V6-24. 5713 EXY Black
92 2.1 sd M. 5685 ENT Blue Sideral
Prev
90 2.1sd M. 5049 EJV Mandarin
92 2.1sd A. 5698 EJV Mandarin
94 2.1sd A. 6218 ERT Triton
91 2.0si M. 5187 EWT White
Post Reply