Hi
Unfortunately I do not have an XM at the moment although I wouldn't say no to one.
I've recently bought a 1994/5 605 with the 12v PRV V6, it is the reason I have joined.
I have a few electrical issues, can Lexia/PP2000 speak to the XM/605?
I also wouldn't mind if I could buy a spare engine in case mine goes bang, at the moment its a bit clattery at startup then it quietens down. I was sent here to find out about the oil pump.
and it has the 4HP18 which one of its former owners assures me he has filled with LT ATF instead of Dextron II which has caused alarm bells to ring.
I wouldn't think the engine is likely to go pop, 2.1TD run forever. It may have a sticky hydraulic tappet, so try a flush with flushing oil and make sure it's running on diesel specific oil.
afaik. A lexia should talk to a peugeot, if not it will be a socket configuration issue. The engine doesn't have any electronics.
If you have problems with communication, just build a blink code reader. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7368" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The only other Peugeot 605 TD I know of is Kev Sanders on here, known as red_dwarfers
91 3.0 sei M. 4852 EXY Black
92 2.1 sed M. 5740 ECZ Sable Phenicien
92 3.0 V6-24. 5713 EXY Black
92 2.1 sd M. 5685 ENT Blue Sideral
Prev
90 2.1sd M. 5049 EJV Mandarin
92 2.1sd A. 5698 EJV Mandarin
94 2.1sd A. 6218 ERT Triton
91 2.0si M. 5187 EWT White
Chris 1996 XM 2.5TD Exclusive RP7165 Polar White 1992 BX19D Millesime RP5800 Sable 1989 BX19RD Delage Red Deceased; 1998 ZX 1.9D Avantage auto Triton Green Company car 1998..2001; 2001 Xantia 1.8i auto Wicked Red Company car 2001..2003
To be fair, 12v PRV don't normally suffer wear., but the tappetts can get noisy. They do suffer engine electrical issues in spades. A blink code reader will still work.
91 3.0 sei M. 4852 EXY Black
92 2.1 sed M. 5740 ECZ Sable Phenicien
92 3.0 V6-24. 5713 EXY Black
92 2.1 sd M. 5685 ENT Blue Sideral
Prev
90 2.1sd M. 5049 EJV Mandarin
92 2.1sd A. 5698 EJV Mandarin
94 2.1sd A. 6218 ERT Triton
91 2.0si M. 5187 EWT White
It is indeed Prabs 605, drove it home to Northern Ireland.
I was speaking to a couple of XM owners about the 605, dont know if Mr Smart, or Roberts are on here?
I've heard here is the place to find out about the oil pump issue, i dont mind taking the engine out it needs a good looking over. Also is there some part of the engine loom to check?
Will need to get a look into this blink code reader, i have a Lexia/PP2000 ebay clone which works on my 406 and C5, just not sure where the socket is on the 605. It has the odd ABS light flashing up.
On RHD XM diagnostic socket is behind a small flap in the lower dash panelling, just above the pedals.
Chris 1996 XM 2.5TD Exclusive RP7165 Polar White 1992 BX19D Millesime RP5800 Sable 1989 BX19RD Delage Red Deceased; 1998 ZX 1.9D Avantage auto Triton Green Company car 1998..2001; 2001 Xantia 1.8i auto Wicked Red Company car 2001..2003
Pug 605's have the same fault code connector arrangements as XM's.
Early models have 2 pin coloured connectors for individual ECU's.
Connector plugs are shown at the side of the engine bay ECU box.
Later models have the PSA standard 30 pin connector.
I think this Connector is found under the dash near the drivers door.
Just use the PP2000 programme for a Pug vehicle.
I have two 605"s and worked on French Ambassadors 605.s in the 90s,magnificent machines if well maintained.As yours is a restyle it would have the big rectangular diagnostic socket next to fuse box on front passenger side,access by removing the trim panel with a coin,its quarter turn.Your clone pp2000 would have come with cable adaptor.Early 605 used the early XM separate two pin connectors for olde school tester.Try a good quality oil treatment to help the noisy hydraulic lifters.Mines done 250,000km and is silent as a Church Mouse.The interior was a patent Pininfarina design,more comfy,spacious and bigger boot than a Jaguar XF.oh and rides better too.