"Hello Boys" ;-)

Selling off one (or bits :o) of your XM collection, or perhaps searching for those elusive headlight washer covers? This is the place to do it.
andmcit
XM Guru

Re: "Hello Boys" ;-)

Post by andmcit » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:04 pm

...other than your current Xm of course!! :oops: :P :D

Andrew

normantilbury
Has changed a sphere or two

Post by normantilbury » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:08 pm

Here's one for you Peter and in silver

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :middle:uk
98 Xm Vsx 2.1 Td Silver Estate RP 7548
Located in Lindley, Huddersfield HD3 3LX

andmcit
XM Guru

Post by andmcit » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:40 pm

Good call Norman: I saw this when it first came on but forgot to mention it here!
If you have to ask the mileage it's over 200k!! :lol: Typically on ebay, nobody completes the mileage... :roll:

Andrew

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Post by citroenxm » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:26 am

Peter wont have it, Its a Series One car.... he strangly prefers Series 2 cars (I Think) :lol:

I have always been aware of how amazing the CX was in DTR 2 or Turbo 2 - because of all the "Book Worming" I did on cars from a young age! So much that I ALWAYS wanted a DTR T2, but then cost and then the pourus problems put me off a bit - It does NOT, however worry me now, its simply the cost of purchase that puts them out of my reach. And the Turbo 2 Petrol, well, its the purchase and the running that kills that for me. Id have to simply settle for the 22 TRS when the time comes.. ;)

Paul
Projects:(eventually if theres any bodywork left)
93 L Xm 2.1t D auto project
93 L xm V6 12v Sei Manual

Others
In use.. 1995 M reg S2 2.1td auto exclusive

Peter.N.
Global Moderator

Post by Peter.N. » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:00 am

Hi Paul

You'r right on the first count, I prefer S2's. Regarding the CX, once I had owned a DTR I wanted the turbo, with the radio in between the seats, facing upwards so the kids could stuff their sweets in the them. :x I use to go to the motor show at the NEC just to look at the CX - sad isn't it. When I eventually got one, I didn't go anymore!

Yes Paul, I bought one with a pourous block :( didn't know anything about them then though, the head gasket used to go between cylinders 1 and 2, about every 15k, that was two gaskets a year with the mileage I was doing then, for seven years, but it was such a fantastic car that I was prepared to keep doing it.

I tried two replacement heads and then removed the engine and had the surface of the block ground - it made not a scrap of difference. It was however considerably easier than the XM to change the gasket on, especially after I had done a few mods,in fact I would think you could probably change at least four in the time it takes to do an XM.

I still think it was the best car I have ever owned. :(

Peter
'96 'N' 2.1 td VSX manual estate White RP6695. Sadly gone
2008 C5 2.0. Hdi Estate, Red
2008 C5 2.0. Hdi Estate Silver

Located in Charmouth, Dorset

andmcit
XM Guru

Post by andmcit » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:44 am

Any kind of overheating would cause a split in the head between the inlet exhsust
valve seats on cylinder 2; the crack runs all the way up into the galleries in the head.
Once I'd twigged after the first few gaskets a replacement n/a 2.2 head worked a treat
although subsequent water loss was traced to a tiny difference in the water pump off
the later DTR engine and the bridging casting on the original 2.2 head - there is a tiny
significant difference. The engine now appears to be outlasting the bodyshell judging
by the repair required in the rain guttering on the roof above the driver's door. :cry: :(

No other car is anything quite like a CX DTR estate - why I've kept 4 of them; Paul,
there's a real welding challenge with one of them about to be scrapped here for its
good engine if you're prepared for some real graft. Mechanically it's great but requires
full body rebuild. It would've been thrown away in the past but when did you last see
one for less than £5k!?

Just a thought if those x2 22TRS's aren't part of your plans now!

Andrew

andmcit
XM Guru

Post by andmcit » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:57 am

normantilbury wrote:Here's one for you Peter and in silver

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :middle:uk
OK, so it's a s1 but it's almost a s2!! AND IT'S SILVER!!

Anyhow, why MUST it be a s2 ;)

- can't be the steering wheel windbag,
the colour coded mirrors'n door cappings,
or the ugly ZX grille...

must be the blobby dash or do you like rust Peter!!!!???? :lol: :lol:

Andrew

Peter.N.
Global Moderator

Post by Peter.N. » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:20 pm

To be honest, I don't really know. My first two XMs were S1's, I had a lot of problems with them that I havn't on the S2's and there are a few mods that make the 2 easier to work on. I do prefer the look and interior of the S2, None of mine have any serious rust although a couple are a little frilly round the edges. I just somehow feel more comfortable with them.

Peter

Peter.N.
Global Moderator

Post by Peter.N. » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:00 pm

I might ... go and have a look at it. :|

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Post by citroenxm » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:37 pm

andmcit wrote: No other car is anything quite like a CX DTR estate - why I've kept 4 of them; Paul,
there's a real welding challenge with one of them about to be scrapped here for its
good engine if you're prepared for some real graft. Mechanically it's great but requires
full body rebuild. It would've been thrown away in the past but when did you last see
one for less than £5k!?

Just a thought if those x2 22TRS's aren't part of your plans now!

Andrew
Andrew,

Is the DTR a saloon? It needs to be a DTR saloon.. and a turbo 2, even if its a Series 1 block with intercooler....

The 22TRS still DO interest me, as long as one is full spec: IE: Elec mirrors and ABS ;) :)

On a serious note, beggers cant be choosers, and elec mirrors can be added later, I guess..
A full spec DTR 2 would be good.. Im ok welding, but would have to say I'm not BRILLIANT by a long way...

Paul
Projects:(eventually if theres any bodywork left)
93 L Xm 2.1t D auto project
93 L xm V6 12v Sei Manual

Others
In use.. 1995 M reg S2 2.1td auto exclusive