Page 8 of 25

Re: 2 * 2.1 SD

Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:16 pm
by xmexclusive
A matched pair.
I bought a pair of NOS headlamps from a firm in Walsall via ebay.
When they arrived they turned out to be both LH units.
The part numbers on the stickers were different though.
Checking the numbers showed one was for RHD and the other for LHD.
That gave me a matched pair of new lenses that had never been out the box.

I use them to compare output achieved from the ones I sent for polishing and the various bulb configurations I am trying.

Never did find any bulk stock of new ones from Citroen or Valeo.

John

Door painting and scuttle trim fix

Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:33 pm
by Dieselman
The Cobalt car has always had poor paint on the upper part of both passenger doors, so at long last it got some TLC. I'm not very good at painting and this was using an aerosol, but the overall effect isn't too bad.

Image


When refitting the scuttle trim I noticed a broken clip. A paperclip and some epoxy resin later, we have a working trim clip.


Image

Re: 2 * 2.1 SD

Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:03 pm
by MTXM
Good fix on the scuttle trim Will! Regards, Matthew T.

Re: 2 * 2.1 SD

Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:07 pm
by russ92xmsed
That's a good paint job there Will. :)

Re: 2 * 2.1 SD

Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:09 pm
by Dieselman
Elastic cord now replaced in the inner rear window, so the elastic now functions as it should.
I used 4mm elastic cord, which is a bit thicker and stronger than it should be, but it works fine and I suspect it won't get stronger in time... ;)



Image3

Image

Re: 2 * 2.1 SD

Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:22 pm
by captainhaddock
So it's supposed to be elastic hey? I learn something every day ;) Nice job, mine are about as elastic as ...welll.... can't think of anything ;)

Re: 2 * 2.1 SD

Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:28 pm
by Dean
captainhaddock wrote:So it's supposed to be elastic hey? I learn something every day ;) Nice job, mine are about as elastic as ...welll.... can't think of anything ;)
Something not very elastic like?

D

Re: 2 * 2.1 SD

Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:49 pm
by cxprestigeauto
Will, you have inspired me to purchase some 4mm elastic cord! £3.49 for 5metres!! Cheap fix (I hope).

Rob

Re: 2 * 2.1 SD

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:25 pm
by Dean
Looks lovely Will, it just needs a little something............

Re: 2 * 2.1 SD

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:27 pm
by Dieselman
:D