Page 8 of 10
Re: New hopefull daily!
Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2025 3:58 am
by Themasteryeti
Well I thought as it's payday to have a look for some hydraurincage and have now found that it's been discontinued and the only one available is from chevronix for £70 which it very over priced, don't suppose you'd know of anywhere that'd sell it still or a good alternative?
Re: New hopefull daily!
Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2025 6:44 am
by Dieselman
£70 has been a pretty standard price for Hydrarincage for a while. It definitely appears difficult to source now.
Re: New hopefull daily!
Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2025 7:35 pm
by Themasteryeti
Picked up a xantia blower today and I got a few questions
It doesn't have a blower control module like the xm blower, is it built in? In which case how should the wiring go?

Re: New hopefull daily!
Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2025 12:08 am
by xantia_v6
Not all Xantia blowers had a control module. Cars without A/C just had a tapped resistance and multi position fan speed switch. You probably have one of those, I think that they were also a less powerful motor.
Re: New hopefull daily!
Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2025 6:33 am
by Dieselman
As wired a Rhd Xantia blower will rotate the wrong way for an Xm and the centrifugal fan blades are reversed, so not much air will flow.
The blower motor is just a motor, the speed control circuit is an external item, so could be fitted to any suitable motor.
I wouldn't think any output reduction would be an issue, as the Xm has very good airflow and the fan very rarely runs at maximum speed.
Re: New hopefull daily!
Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2025 12:02 am
by Themasteryeti
xantia_v6 wrote: Fri Dec 19, 2025 12:08 am
Not all Xantia blowers had a control module. Cars without A/C just had a tapped resistance and multi position fan speed switch. You probably have one of those, I think that they were also a less powerful motor.
This was advertised as a non ac one, done a bit of research and apparently this type had a smaller bcm along the pipework somewhere
Safe to say it won't be useable in the xm so it's going to get returned and will find a more suitable one
Re: New hopefull daily!
Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2025 12:04 am
by Themasteryeti
Dieselman wrote: Fri Dec 19, 2025 6:33 am
As wired a Rhd Xantia blower will rotate the wrong way for an Xm and the centrifugal fan blades are reversed, so not much air will flow.
The blower motor is just a motor, the speed control circuit is an external item, so could be fitted to any suitable motor.
I wouldn't think any output reduction would be an issue, as the Xm has very good airflow and the fan very rarely runs at maximum speed.
This was a lhd one so the blades are the right way for an xm but without the bcm there it's got no way to plug in and use
Unfortunately it looks like my search for a new blower will continue!
Re: New hopefull daily!
Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2025 4:51 pm
by Themasteryeti
Okay so blower has been returned and another one has been ordered on eBay so fingers crossed that one will be a winner!
& Unfortunately I haven't had time to get anything done on the car with work and the weather being terrible recently but I do finish work early on the Monday for Christmas so hopefully I'll actually get round to cleaning out the filters to see if it sorts the suspension problem or at the very least narrow the possible causes down!
Re: New hopefull daily!
Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2025 9:59 am
by Dieselman
I think your suspension issues are electrovalve related, filters are unlikely to be blocked to the extent that causes the slow pressurisation you have.
Re: New hopefull daily!
Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2025 8:15 am
by Themasteryeti
Dieselman wrote: Sun Dec 21, 2025 9:59 am
I think your suspension issues are electrovalve related, filters are unlikely to be blocked to the extent that causes the slow pressurisation you have.
I don't doubt you're right! Unfortunately living at a flat I currently don't have a nice driveway to try take the electrovalve off and have a look
Is there a way to disconnect it to find out if that is infact the issue?
Like I read somewhere someone having the same sort of issue on the rear and they pulled a fuse out to disconnect the hydractive suspension