Page 7 of 7

Re: 1995 2.1td SX Auto Project

Posted: Fri May 23, 2025 10:46 am
by josh2109
The bleed screws have arrived, and the one I needed has been fitted.

Image

I’ve put a bit of ceramic grease on the threads, in the hope that a future owner has an easier time the next time it needs bleeding.

I’ll take an hour for lunch at 12, and hopefully make some progress in getting the car back together and this corner bled.

Re: 1995 2.1td SX Auto Project

Posted: Fri May 23, 2025 12:33 pm
by josh2109
I got the calliper back on and bled during my lunch break.

My partner was out, so without her around I had to look for the next best thing for assistance.

Image

Image

There were no problems bleeding it once fitted, so I will throw everything back together once I finish work and then hopefully that’s the end of my troubles for some time.

Re: 1995 2.1td SX Auto Project

Posted: Fri May 23, 2025 5:03 pm
by josh2109
Work has finished for the day, and so I’ve finished off the repair on the XM.

Image

The last thing left to do is nip to halfords and pick up some LHM, but I’m just waiting for my partner to get back so that I can take her car to do that.

Re: 1995 2.1td SX Auto Project

Posted: Fri May 23, 2025 10:50 pm
by josh2109
Job done!

Image

I wonder what will break next…

Re: 1995 2.1td SX Auto Project

Posted: Sat May 24, 2025 9:29 am
by Dieselman
josh2109 wrote: Fri May 23, 2025 10:50 pm
I wonder what will break next…
LOL. :lol:

Re: 1995 2.1td SX Auto Project

Posted: Sat May 24, 2025 9:33 am
by Dieselman
josh2109 wrote: Fri May 23, 2025 12:33 pm My partner was out, so without her around I had to look for the next best thing for assistance.

Image
Never ask for a helper when bleeding Hydaulic Citroens brakes, they just get bored.

"Do you need me to press the pedal down/up when you say?"

No, just press it down and hold it there.

"Are you finished yet, I'm bored..."