Page 4 of 5

Re: I must be mad.........

Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:52 pm
by Dean
Like a small boy waiting for christmas day to arrive 8-)

D

Re: I must be mad.........

Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:20 pm
by fakeconcern
Dean wrote:Like a small boy waiting for christmas day to arrive 8-)

D

What makes you think that? (can I open my stocking now please?)

Re: I must be mad.........

Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:51 pm
by cxprestigeauto
White Exec wrote: No, but the VIN number fed into Service Citroen would tell you what was factory fitted, wheel-wise and everything else.
Is this service available to us or just through dealers?

Rob

Re: I must be mad.........

Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:54 pm
by xantia_v6
I think it is still available for anyone to register, although I think you need to enter a VAT number, the site does not seem to check them!

http://service.citroen.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (don't forget to change the language to English if it comes up in french)

Re: I must be mad.........

Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:09 pm
by White Exec
I registered some time ago with no problem. Does ask for your business 'category'. IIRC, I just went for the humblest on the list.....think it was "Independent repairer" or something like.

Re: I must be mad.........

Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:49 pm
by cxprestigeauto
Found it. Logged on. Little detail on old XMs :(

Rob

Re: I must be mad.........

Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:44 am
by White Exec
Hi Rob,

I don't have an older model VIN number to test, but the sequence to a vehicle's details are:
1 Log in
2 enter VIN
3 go VEHICLE > Characteristics
4 10 sections are displayed, the first being General Information
5 Expand the other 9 sections as necessary.

Re: I must be mad.........

Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:51 pm
by cxprestigeauto
I got in no problem. Didn't find anything new.

Worth a look though.

Rob

Re: I must be mad.........

Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:55 pm
by citroenxm
Series 1 XM info is sadly greatly reduced. I can see it being not long before the XM is removed from the database like the bx and cx ..

Re: I must be mad.........

Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:54 pm
by fakeconcern
I picked up the XM today, thanks to Franklin for having it all ready and cleaned up inside & out (not that it was dirty when I saw it last week). It is lovely, both my kids (girls in their 20s) want to pose in it! If they want to drive it they'll have to pay the extra £400 for insurance on top of the £145 I am paying now!

A few problems (well there would be wouldn't there!)
1) I can't lock it! I will ask Franklin if there is a knack, but I bet he never even tried! The remote red led comes on, but nothing. Tried the key in the driver door, it just goes round and round. In the passenger door, it won't move at all. It seems to lock from the driver door inside, but not much use if you want to leave the car! I will put some new batteries in the remote tomorrow.
2) The climate panel does not light up so car was misting up to start with, then the heater got hotter & hotter. Controlled the temperature with the sunroof! I've done a search on this forum & think it must be the F2 fuse burnt out & will investigate tomorrow. (Maplins here I come)
3) Cruise control not working, the green light on the switch is permanently on slightly, it gets brighter if the switch is pushed, but the symbol does not light up in the dark.
4) The CD changer in the boot doesn't seem to work, says "load disc" in the display. This could be because I used burnt discs rather than originals, will try tomorrow.

I hope 1) & 2) can be sorted without too much trouble (or expense!), but it is a thing of beauty sitting on my drive like some aliens have just left their spaceship there!