Page 4 of 5
Re: Gloucester S1 XM 2.0 Petrol For Scrap
Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:30 am
by robert_e_smart
Nicely off topic again

.
Will, resist the leather temptation. Especially in that SD of yours. In any other car I would go for it, but not when your velour is so perfect, and the desireable Romana. Don't let it go to waste by anymeans either, it looks to be in good condition.
Back off topic again.
Real Xm wood is really nice in my opinion. There was a darker variant as well, more onto the colour of the melted Mars bar
I quite like the fake wood in my Activa, it brightens the place up a bit more :

Re: Gloucester S1 XM 2.0 Petrol For Scrap
Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:44 am
by messerschmitt owner
I'm not a fan of the leather but it should go to a good home. Seeing the owner in about an hour.
Re: Gloucester S1 XM 2.0 Petrol For Scrap
Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:47 pm
by messerschmitt owner
The deed is done! It's going to my work on Tuesday to be parked up.
Re: Gloucester S1 XM 2.0 Petrol For Scrap
Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:03 pm
by Ciaran
Did it drive alright?
Is the engine fecked or does it just look bad in the coolant dept?
CiarĂ¡n
Re: Gloucester S1 XM 2.0 Petrol For Scrap
Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:09 pm
by messerschmitt owner
started it but didn't drive it at all - supposedly drives nicely. I think the engine will recover from a coolant flush. What I thought pulling the dipstick was no oil was oil so clean that it didn't show - guess I am too used to diseasels nowadays. It sounds sweet though. The aircon blows cold too - guess that works well.
I'll let you know how it drives on Tuesday. I'll do a short report of it.
Ciaran, I am near Gloucester so you can base your travel plans on that in October.
Re: Gloucester S1 XM 2.0 Petrol For Scrap
Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:42 pm
by andmcit
I do really hate being responsible for the demise of what to all impressions
is a nice car that seems to have been looked after. I can see I'll have a restless
sleep tonight mulling over the car's imminent fate - in honest truth it only needs
a front indicator, the driver's window sorting and some tosh on one sill yet it's
worth more in bits to largely prettify other Xm's that are fine as they are!?
The world's gone mad. Again.
Andrew
Re: Gloucester S1 XM 2.0 Petrol For Scrap
Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:56 pm
by xmexclusive
Hi Andrew
It was going to happen anyway.
Saving that one would just as likely have prevented you saving one closer to you ideal cars.
It is the law of natural selection.
At least some bits will come off it to keep others going.
John
Re: Gloucester S1 XM 2.0 Petrol For Scrap
Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:30 pm
by messerschmitt owner
xmexclusive wrote:Hi Andrew
It was going to happen anyway.
Saving that one would just as likely have prevented you saving one closer to you ideal cars.
It is the law of natural selection.
At least some bits will come off it to keep others going.
John
yes, John, they will. The parts will help at least five cars that we know of.
It is a shame, but there are probably still more cars than people who appreciate them (apart from 2.1TD manual estates, of course).
Well, the main thing is that it won't be being crushed without anyone getting anything. That would be a real tragedy.
Andrew, it was nice to meet you too. See you again in a couple of weeks.
My thoughts are that it is best to have as many cars as possible alive and on the roads but that one can't save them all. However, it is important that those of us who are saving them ensure that what does remain is as good as it can possibly be.
Re: Gloucester S1 XM 2.0 Petrol For Scrap
Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:40 pm
by robert_e_smart
They can't all survive, and no one was looking to take it on as a going concern. At least its not going to waste.
Re: Gloucester S1 XM 2.0 Petrol For Scrap
Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:42 pm
by Dieselman
andmcit wrote: yet it's
worth more in bits to largely prettify other Xm's that are fine as they are!?
Andrew
The bits I want aren't prettifying bits, but even I thought of saving the whole car..it didn't even need an indicator then, that was smashed the other night and like you I was very tempted to save it just because it's an Sei spec.
I did offer it as a going concern before we all decided to plunder it.
Apparently it drives very well and soaks up speed humps as if not there.
Is the colour correct for your panels?