Page 3 of 3

Re: 2000 V6 Blower motor of full -1st problem in 2 years-bug

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:16 pm
by rustytractor
Yes, I'm still blown away.

Now I'm in "XM repair mode" I'm going to tackle all of the silly jobs, most of which have needed fixing from day one. These are:

1. Repair Radio/info display - missing pixels.
2. Fix non functioning front passenger door window (bad connection)
3. Grease stiff/sticking sunroof (only just started playing up)
4. Replace rocker cover gasket (very very slight weep which drips onto the exhaust and then burns off with faint smell)
5. Investigate why car doesn't always settle when switched off and why I get the odd "Hydraulic Pressure" error (at least I think that's what the dodgy display says)
6. Get a/c working (hopefully just needs a re-gas)
7. Investigate why on the odd occasion she doesn't start first turn of the key - if this happens she takes ages to start and semi floods. The previous owner warned me that this was an issue since he bought the car new.

Other than the above the car needs nothing. 133k miles, uses no oil, pulls like a train, fantastically comfortable and a joy to drive. I'm used to talking to people in the traffic and in petrol stations etc due to the classic cars I own but my other half finds it amazing how many people comment on the XM. It's not a classic as such but gets lots of attention and positive comments.

It's a funny old world.

Re: 2000 V6 Blower motor of full -1st problem in 2 years-bug

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:55 pm
by Bertie-Bassett
:lol: Image :lol:
Image

Re: 2000 V6 Blower motor of full -1st problem in 2 years-bug

Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:56 am
by xantia_v6
You might want to start a new thread (or rename this one) but here are some hints for your #4...

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... =3&t=37551" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 7&p=407078" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For your #7, one of my Xantia V6s had a similar issue, it started fine when cold or hot, but after sitting for half an hour, you would have to churn the starter for about 3 seconds, wait a second and then it would start immediately. I believe it have done it from new also. ECU readings looked fine on Lexia, never did track it down.