captainhaddock wrote:The very first drive in my first XM I suffered the same problem and fixed that hose similarly.
Same thing happened to us, when the car was dropped off we went for a quick spin round the block and on our return the offside front return had sheared off, also a similar fix... should really replace them both but can't seem to justify nearly 40 quid for 2 bits of rubber hose with a funny end on (not searched very hard yet but what ive found were about 20 apiece) so may look into cutting the hose close to the strut and joining a new piece on, see how well that lasts
Only HP pipe I can think near exhaust pipe would be for the antisink sphere or maybe HA spheres, I'm sure someone with real XM experience will add to/correct this info
Hi Guys,
Have you seen THIS thread where an instu repair/fix is possible using silicone rubber tubing !
Note the one shown /\ was for a BX which has two pipe connections (Vent/return), I hope this maybe of help !
XMX
Last edited by XMX on Mon May 04, 2015 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I can see the attraction of this. Silicone rubber is massively flexible and long-lived.
Chris 1996 XM 2.5TD Exclusive RP7165 Polar White 1992 BX19D Millesime RP5800 Sable 1989 BX19RD Delage Red Deceased; 1998 ZX 1.9D Avantage auto Triton Green Company car 1998..2001; 2001 Xantia 1.8i auto Wicked Red Company car 2001..2003
I bought a new return harness for mine, the original n/s one gave up when being taken of the axle stands, never fitted it though, I used some green silicone and did as pictured above and its working fine.
D
92 Citroen XM Prestige 3.0i Auto R.P5678
14 Mitsubishi L200 Trojan
89 Talbot Express 2.0 coach built Auto-trail Chinook