Page 3 of 6
Local Citroen specialists / thanks
Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:00 pm
by rustytractor
I spend most of my time working on my collection of old cars (1940's to 1980's) so am comfortable attempting most repairs but the suspension on the XM is totally alien to me.
Currently I'm comfortable doing the small jobs that the car requires but would like to have some decent repairing garage details as back-up for when I get lost.
Can anyone recommend honest, reliable repairing garages and parts suppliers in the Ilford, Essex area or reasonably nearby ?
I'd like to thank you all for being so welcoming to a newby - not all forums are the same.
Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:34 pm
by Eddie nuff
russ92xmsed wrote:If only they had the Mk1 boot spoiler, dash and nose cone.
Really doesn't leave much left, Russ.
Welcome RT, nice to see you've got a decent motor.
Re: stunned new 2000 3.0 litre V6 owner
Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:12 am
by normantilbury
Hi and Welcome,
I can have a word with my traveling mechanic if you like and he is not to far away
Regards,
Norman
Re: stunned new 2000 3.0 litre V6 owner
Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:45 am
by captainhaddock
Hello rustytractor! Loved to read your surprise about that old citroen of yours....Please look after it a bit!
I've had a modern citroen owner sit in aw in my humble XM lately. (Not a v6 by far I wish) and he and his father were stunned...never sat in a real citroen before and I only drove about 2 miles. They were too frightened to take the wheel even though I offered..Told them I have some other marvel in the garage too...
Re: stunned new 2000 3.0 litre V6 owner
Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:51 am
by rustytractor
normantilbury wrote:Hi and Welcome,
I can have a word with my traveling mechanic if you like and he is not to far away
Regards,
Norman
Thanks Norman,
If he knows these cars and you can vouch for both his work and integrity I'd appreciate getting his number. Use PM or email if you don't want to post it publicly.
Re: stunned new 2000 3.0 litre V6 owner
Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:53 am
by rustytractor
captainhaddock wrote:Hello rustytractor! Loved to read your surprise about that old citroen of yours....Please look after it a bit!
I've had a modern citroen owner sit in aw in my humble XM lately. (Not a v6 by far I wish) and he and his father were stunned...never sat in a real citroen before and I only drove about 2 miles. They were too frightened to take the wheel even though I offered..Told them I have some other marvel in the garage too...
As I mentioned previously - the XM to me was an undiscovered gem.
Now - tell us about your hidden marvel in the garage....
Re: stunned new 2000 3.0 litre V6 owner
Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:58 am
by captainhaddock
That's a black CX GTI turbo...Your V6 will be far more impressive to drive I think....but for me the XM was an undiscovered gem as well. Even owning that black CX, I had never looked at any XM before, ever. I wish I had for I had bought one years ago. I have 2 XM's now on the road daily without too many issues. So far. And since, the CX very rarely had to play her part as a spare car.
Re:
Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:40 pm
by russ92xmsed
Eddie nuff wrote:russ92xmsed wrote:If only they had the Mk1 boot spoiler, dash and nose cone.
Really doesn't leave much left, Russ.

...er Italia alloys!!!
That's the beauty of these cars, although quite a bit of work and fiddly, it should be possible to convert a mk2 to mk1 lookalike. (not one for the purists mind!)
Re: stunned new 2000 3.0 litre V6 owner
Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:46 pm
by CitroJim
I'd love to do an S1 lookalike ES9 V6 Russ...
My wheels of choice would be wobbly webs...
Re: stunned new 2000 3.0 litre V6 owner
Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:48 pm
by rustytractor
I feel embarrassed to say I haven't a clue what the differences between a mk1 and a mk2 are.
Sorry........