Page 3 of 4
Re: New member: XM V6.24 1991
Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:27 pm
by citroenxm
Correct Franklin... I think that is correct. Everyone goes for the Activa manual conversion, rather then outright V6 Manual.
Fils an amazing bloke! The effort he puts in Id NEVER hesitate to buy a car from him ever!
I do like the Auto Adaptive box, when I drove my V6 in the short time I had it on the road I liked it.
Im pleased to learn that the later Xsara/406 HDi autos are the AL4 box, which is effectly the same box except for the DERVs..
Re: New member: XM V6.24 1991
Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:35 pm
by Duke
citroenxm wrote:Fils an amazing bloke! The effort he puts in Id NEVER hesitate to buy a car from him ever!
Indeed Paul... <looks at signature> ...
Fil does a cracking job (here's his
YouTube channel if people haven't seen it before).
Sport mode and kickdown in a Xantia V6 is quite addictive too...!

Re: New member: XM V6.24 1991
Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:37 pm
by citroenxm
Yea, Id heard you had done a CX deal...
Yes, Ive subscribed to his channel, AND yours now after the Class 37 upload.. (Im the80sliveon on youtube)
Re: New member: XM V6.24 1991
Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:44 pm
by Duke
News travels fast eh...?!
Aha, just sub'd you back - your Class 37 vid inside is great - I saw more watching this video than when I walked though it...!
[youtube]4zRaehYHV9s[/youtube]
Re: New member: XM V6.24 1991
Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:46 pm
by citroenxm
Yup. I looked at all class 37 vids and realised there was no "Inside" vids... and I thought.. O M G..
I know what to do.....
Wish Id got the chance to pop down the other side now..
Re: New member: XM V6.24 1991
Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:52 am
by markgarrod
Hello there
I exported a 1999 Xm 24 v out to SA from Uk 14 years ago. The cylinder head failed soon after arrival, it was replaced by a complete engine brought in from a don our car I purchased off ebay. All seemed ok, but engine was rough and then clutch collapsed. Recent replacement of the clutch and a few other bits has got the car running again, however somewhat rough. I believe it may be as a result of incorrect wiring , and failure to photograph the harness and plugs on removal has resulted in a guessing game during the replacement period. You seem to have a vast amount of photographs, did you ever record the plug connection setup below thermal plastic intake , this is where the mess is with my car. Any help would be appreciated.
Re: New member: XM V6.24 1991
Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:40 am
by xmexclusive
Hi Mark
You need to check and expand the detail about the car.
That should let the experts on here be sure which model, engine type and transmission you want help on.
The subject title is for a XM V6.24 1991.
You say you exported a 1999 Xm 24 v from the UK.
If the car is indeed a 1999 XM V6 24v then if a UK model it could only have been an ESJ9 automatic.
You mention a replacement engine and clutch.
Only a few LHD ESJ9's came with the clutch version.
To convert a ESJ9 from auto to manual requires the addition of clutch pedal and switch.
It also requires a different version of the engine ECU.
Once you sort the detail this may be best moved to a new thread.
John
Re: New member: XM V6.24 1991
Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:59 pm
by Sweef
The last few weeks I've been busy with an engine swap..
The 1991 V6.24 "red" rouge mandarin received the engine from the 1993 "green" vert vega.
The red engine started to make very bad sound around dec15.
Green engine was totally overhauled some 4 years ago. New clutch, gears overhauled, all new engine mounts, etc etc.
It turned out that the tappets of red were "erased" by the cam shafts.
Red engine was from sept'91, just some three weeks before Citroen made the very expensive modification to ceramic heads for the tappets and some other modifications in the heads.
It was lots of work: one day taking out red engine, one for the green, one for combining all best parts and putting "new" engine in red.
Some pictures.
One of the heads

Tappets detail:

Another tappets detail: extensive damage!

Two engines of type ZPJ4:

Older picture of overhaul of green engine:

Detail of tappets of '93 engine modified tappets with ceramic covers:

Putting the engine back in:

Re: New member: XM V6.24 1991
Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:04 pm
by Dieselman
Those tappets don't look good at all.
Re: New member: XM V6.24 1991
Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:22 pm
by captainhaddock
Very impressive job!