Page 2 of 4
Re: New Member in Canada interested in XM from Japan :)
Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:53 pm
by Andrew
Thank you Dieselman, that would be ideal.
Re: New Member in Canada interested in XM from Japan :)
Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:04 pm
by citroenxm
Exhausts for these Beasts are not available patten, and are Dealer ONLY.... however, I guess the way to go is a Custom Stainless Steal pipe and be done with it and not worry about it again.
LHD from Japan, I was under the impression Japan was RHD the same as the UK...
Re: New Member in Canada interested in XM from Japan :)
Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:36 pm
by Andrew
Yes you're correct citroenxm, Japan is RHD for domestic manufactured vehicles but imports are either, with LHD being fairly typically in nicer cars such as the XM for prestige value.

The XM I am pursuing was manufactured at the Rennes plant in December 1987, it was exported from Tokyo to Canada but I don't know if Japan was the original destination. If I could find dealers that sold XMs new in 1998 I would probably be able to trace some history from the VIN.
I agree with the exhaust comment, these days its often faster and cheaper to have an exhaust shop custom fabricate pieces.
Re: New Member in Canada interested in XM from Japan :)
Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:38 pm
by citroenxm
Ahhh I see... Thanks for that.!
Dec 87?? and shes a 1997 car? Slip of your finger I assume.....

Re: New Member in Canada interested in XM from Japan :)
Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:43 pm
by Andrew
Yes December 10th 1997

Shes a '98 model year.
Re: New Member in Canada interested in XM from Japan :)
Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:34 am
by Jan-hendrik
This XM was imported from Japan and there is no service history. The car is 1500Kms away,
Who imported the vehicle and what is its present location?
Re: New Member in Canada interested in XM from Japan :)
Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:04 pm
by Dieselman
Looking for some parts are you Jan...? car park accessories, stylee...

Re: New Member in Canada interested in XM from Japan :)
Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:25 pm
by Andrew
xantia_v6 wrote:The correct transmission fluid is clear when new and smells faintly of cats pee! From about 1999, the transmission dipstick was deleted, so it is not as easy to check the level or colour of the fluid (nor to refill).
Hello xantia_v6,
Here is a photo of the transmission fluid from the dipstick and wiped on a white cloth[img]blob:https%3A//mail.google.com/598ac978-b2e1-4f0f-836c-a2c6d9f61a11[/img]. It seems to have a light pinkish tinge, looks clean but I don't think it looks like AL4 fluid?
(Copy and paste blob:https%3A//mail.google.com/598ac978-b2e1-4f0f-836c-a2c6d9f61a11 into a browser for the image)
Thanks,
Andrew
Re: New Member in Canada interested in XM from Japan :)
Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:27 pm
by xantia_v6
That image link does not seem to be correct.
Re: New Member in Canada interested in XM from Japan :)
Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:39 pm
by Andrew
It's changed to this: blob:https%3A//mail.google.com/2ff2b89b-17e9-4b07-84cb-79a17203449c