Page 2 of 5

Re: XMing in Cambridge

Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:55 am
by xmexclusive
All RH displays have the same basic capabilities, size and fitting points.
These displays are controlled by the same pins (pins 1 to 8) on the connector.
Pins 9 to 15 give the extra functions.
No design changes during to these display types during for both Mk1 and Mk2 XM's.

John

Re: XMing in Cambridge

Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:14 am
by xmexclusive
RH Display Function Pins:

1 - +12v fused but not switched.
2 - Earth.
3 - +12v Ignition switched (M & A positions ON).
4 - Lights on dimmer.
5 - Outside temperature stat.
6 - Outside temperature stat.
7 - Not used.
8 - Speedo drive.
9 - Not used.
10 - Fuel Inj ECU.
11 - Not used.
12 - Column push switch to earth.
13 - Instrument Cluster connection.
14 - Instrument Cluster connection.
15 - Instrument Cluster connection.

John

Re: XMing in Cambridge

Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:31 am
by jamescarruthers
dollywobbler wrote:Another BXer who's upgraded. Hello!
Indeed, I have noticed Stinkwheel is here too.

Oh, and Aerodynamica who sold me my first BX. Hello Graeme if you are reading. Hope you are well mate.

Re: XMing in Cambridge

Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:29 pm
by MTXM
Welcome to the Forum and XM ownership James and I am located fairly close to you in Norfolk. Hopefully we might meet up at one of the future CCC rallies and there is the Chevron near Milton Keynes on 12th September. I attach a photograph of a close relative of your XM in my collection, albeit a petrol V6. Both cars were pre-registered by Citroen UK and circulated around dealerships and the initial owners of mine were in Essex. With regards, Matthew T.

Re: XMing in Cambridge

Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:14 pm
by Sam Skelton
Hello James! I'm just up the road in Ramsey, I've just bought my SEi auto, and it's just been into Pleiades for a service and LHM flush. Nice to see someone else having bought one as everyday transport in the area. There was a chap on here selling a correct-fit radio recently, maybe see if it's still for sale?

Re: XMing in Cambridge

Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:10 pm
by cxprestigeauto
The radio is still avaiable complete with CD autochanger and cable.

PM me for details.

Rob

Re: XMing in Cambridge

Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:10 pm
by cxprestigeauto
The radio is still avaiable complete with CD autochanger and cable.

PM me for details.

Rob

Re: XMing in Cambridge

Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:04 pm
by jamescarruthers
MTXM wrote:Welcome to the Forum and XM ownership James and I am located fairly close to you in Norfolk. Hopefully we might meet up at one of the future CCC rallies and there is the Chevron near Milton Keynes on 12th September. I attach a photograph of a close relative of your XM in my collection, albeit a petrol V6. Both cars were pre-registered by Citroen UK and circulated around dealerships and the initial owners of mine were in Essex. With regards, Matthew T.
Cheers Matthew,

Looks great in gold, your car.

I didn't know that mine was a demonstrator, good to know.

I'd love to make a meet but I am working that weekend. I did go to the X-rally at Burleigh earlier this year. Mine was the Volvo 480 tucked up at the back.

Re: XMing in Cambridge

Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:07 pm
by jamescarruthers
Sam Skelton wrote:Hello James! I'm just up the road in Ramsey, I've just bought my SEi auto, and it's just been into Pleiades for a service and LHM flush. Nice to see someone else having bought one as everyday transport in the area. There was a chap on here selling a correct-fit radio recently, maybe see if it's still for sale?
Hello Sam. Nice to see you are local. Ramsey isn't too far, I'm in Horningsea. Went there once for some parts for my Master van. I love Cambridgeshire villages!

I'll be darkening Pleiades door soon I hope!

Re: XMing in Cambridge

Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:09 pm
by jamescarruthers
cxprestigeauto wrote:The radio is still avaiable complete with CD autochanger and cable.

PM me for details.

Rob
Thank you Rob, however, if it wouldn't work with your Series 1 steering wheel, it probably wont work with mine either. I guess it's Series 2 only, is that what you think out?