Page 2 of 3

Re: 2000 V6 Blower motor of full -1st problem in 2 years-bug

Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:05 pm
by cxprestigeauto
rustytractor wrote:Done it !

Took a pair of angled pliars and on "oh sod it" attitude but it's off.
Citroen build quality strikes again!!!

Well done.

Rob

Re: 2000 V6 Blower motor of full -1st problem in 2 years-bug

Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:27 pm
by rustytractor
cxprestigeauto wrote:
rustytractor wrote:Done it !

Took a pair of angled pliars and on "oh sod it" attitude but it's off.
Citroen build quality strikes again!!!

Well done.

Rob
Thanks Rob, I spend my days restoring classic cars for both myself and clients and I've NEVER come across a connector that tight. It looks like it's never been apart and the connectors had almost welded themselves to the contacts !

Typically when I had it off the car and the old transistors drilled out, desoldered and removed it turned out that I'd run out of thermal paste so couldn't refit the new transistors tonight 😠 but hopefully I'll get some tomorrow and finish the job off.

Agreed it is an easy (and inexpensive) job - let's hope it works as the constant fan noise was giving me headaches.

Re: 2000 V6 Blower motor of full -1st problem in 2 years-bug

Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:11 am
by Dieselman
Sometimes, that's the only way.

Re: 2000 V6 Blower motor of full -1st problem in 2 years-bug

Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:20 am
by Dieselman
This car seems to be doing alright for a cheapish stopgap car. You must have saved thousands compared to depreciation on the Beemer.

Re: 2000 V6 Blower motor of full -1st problem in 2 years-bug

Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:10 pm
by rustytractor
Dieselman wrote:This car seems to be doing alright for a cheapish stopgap car. You must have saved thousands compared to depreciation on the Beemer.
It's not doing alright - it's doing bloody brilliant !

I seriously enjoy owning and driving this car, I wish I'd discovered it years ago.

Re: 2000 V6 Blower motor of full -1st problem in 2 years-bug

Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:24 pm
by White Exec
They do bring their own rewards...

Re: 2000 V6 Blower motor of full -1st problem in 2 years-bug

Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:56 am
by rustytractor
All fixed - sum total of parts = £8.35, hospital fees for traction due to damaged vertebrae, pulled muscles and spinal injury from contortionism required to remove and refit fan = £28,534.92

All in all a good day...

Re: 2000 V6 Blower motor of full -1st problem in 2 years-bug

Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:11 pm
by White Exec
I know the feeling...
Result!

Re: 2000 V6 Blower motor of full -1st problem in 2 years-bug

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:47 pm
by Bertie-Bassett
rustytractor wrote: It's really infuriating !!!!!😖
Still blown away" :?:

Re: 2000 V6 Blower motor of full -1st problem in 2 years-bug

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:48 pm
by Bertie-Bassett
8-) He certainly is. !!! Nice one.