Page 2 of 2
Re: joining the ranks of XM ownership
Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:04 am
by citroenxm
With missing side lights id excpect it to be off the road..
id be cautious with the no welding bit.. id check carefully if you havent full cill area and also behind the front jacking points.. also under the boot floor area in the chassis legs..
congrats on saving a s1 .. I saved two last year.. A D and an Sd both with fourm members now.
im currently resurrecting another s1 of sorts and also got another 2.1 D auto in resto too...
I was wondering if it was the sd on ebay you had rescued but that is red and is back on again.
Welcome aboard.. hopefully you might come along to the xm 25th annerversery rally at raf cosford meuseam in shifnal telford.. 20th and 21st of september...
Re: joining the ranks of XM ownership
Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:14 pm
by citsncycles
mds141 wrote:I've a spare pair of sidelights you can have Mike. I'll bring them along to the National.
Thanks Mark, that'd be great.
Dieselman wrote:Not many 2.1SD around. Is it manual or auto gearbox.
Is it a car already known to us and is it on the road or off the road at present?
This one's a manual. I believe this car could be known to you, it was owned by a Citroen Car Club member for many years, who has recently changed it for a petrol auto that my local specialist was selling. They have been sorting various jobs on it, but were at a loss as to what to do with it long term, recognising that it should be saved but that from a business point of view it wasn't going to be worth them doing everything. I let them know that I was after one, and knowing my preference for taking on projects and giving a home to vehicles with an otherwise uncertain future, they offered it to me.
It is currently taxed and MOT'd, and although the previous owner was apparently stopped by the police when they spotted the plastic taped over the sidelights, they apparently let him off when they realised they weren't the turn signals!
I'll be affecting a neater temporary repair on the sidelights when I get home from my holiday, and after changing the knocking CV joint hope to take it to the CCC national.
Re: joining the ranks of XM ownership
Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:38 pm
by citroenxm
YOU MUST ALSO come to raf cosford in telford to the xm's own 25th annerversery rally in september too..
20 th and 21 st...
Re: joining the ranks of XM ownership
Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:38 am
by citsncycles
I'll have to check my shift rota for that one - my shifts are generally planned a year in advance so I can't always get to these things. At worst I should be able to get there for Saturday afternoon.
Re: joining the ranks of XM ownership
Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:57 am
by kieran.l
Welcome to 2.1SD ownership Mike!
Hopefully you'll see mine at the rally over the weekend. Won't have the BX I'm afraid as timing and logistics have gone against me

Re: joining the ranks of XM ownership
Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:10 pm
by citsncycles
Shame we'll miss the BX - at least there'll be 1 Mk1 there! Will be at Clonmel tonight - currently having lunch at Glengarriff!
Re: joining the ranks of XM ownership
Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:54 pm
by Dieselman
That makes 5 out of the 6 SD manuals on the road.
Me, Rob, Charles, now this one.