Page 2 of 4

Re: New member from Sweden with 27 XM

Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:27 pm
by russ92xmsed
:o :lol:

Wow. I doff my cap to you sir. Amazing.

I wish I had that amount of space. I would then be in serious danger of replicating your collection. Only maybe not 27 of them....not enough here to do that!!

Do tell us the different model specs. Love to know how different Swedish XM's are to Uk cars....that's if there are any!

What's your favourite one?

We had a discussion last year about a collective of XM's after Matthews 't easer' photo.
I like Mischief of XM's! :lol:

Re: New member from Sweden with 27 XM

Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:22 pm
by Duke
27?!! That's amazing...! :o :shock: :shock:

What's even more impressive is that you've space to park them all together, having lots of cars is possible however to get them all together like that...

I think you'll fit in ok around here... :lol: ;)

Re: New member from Sweden with 27 XM

Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:45 pm
by citroenxm
I thought I was bad with 6... Nice collection... S1's too.. Not sure about the after thought S1 headlight washers.. Should of had S2 washers which where a bit more flush fitting..

Re: New member from Sweden with 27 XM

Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:50 am
by Lundin B
Ok, trying to answer some questions,, :roll: :mrgreen:


Why so many ?? Like when they asked why they built a jetmotorcycle (Jay Leno) BECAUSE I CAN !!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Very varying condition, had several of them for free, with something broken and when it is more expensive to repair it than what the car is worth so..

I have all the S1 engines available in Sweden,but not all combinations ex TCT automatic etc.. yet,,, 8-) :mrgreen:

Not all of them are in traffic, to expensive, three of them is ready "for traffic" with a approved inspection (besiktad in swedish, like Tüv in Germany), three of them is quite easy to have a approved inspection on, and then it is a scale from easy, not so easy to impossible.... :geek: 8-)

I am saving them for the future, impossible to repair all of them by myself, i´m not a complete idiot,,, :lol: :lol: And if a XM goes to to scrapyard they dont save anything, just presses it and no spareparts left... :shock: :cry: :evil:

Differense between UK and Swedish models is not so easy to tell thought I dont know anything about UK-models, :roll: :lol: :lol: headlightwashers is what I know, but we can try to find it out !! :D

Hmmm, favourite XM, the Black 24 V-91 is a good one, also the V6 Exlclusive, the injection automatic with only 96000 km is nice, the monopoint is nice, the 2,1 td is nice...... what the heck, I love them all !!!!!!!! Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Think I answered some questions :!: :idea: :?: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Re: New member from Sweden with 27 XM

Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:25 am
by CitroJim
Lundin B wrote: Think I answered some questions :!: :idea: :?: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
yes, and in a most satisfactory way too :D

Re: New member from Sweden with 27 XM

Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:51 am
by citroenxm
You have a prv 24v manual.. defo the most desirable and in the UK rarest.. Im lucky enough to have a UK one out of about 25 remaining ones of all xm in the UK. there could be more but so far we think about 25 prv 24 v6 in the UK...

its much the same here they can either goto a scrap yard for dismantleing but they don't wait long because they think UK people don't want the xm any more or they can goto a scrap metal dealer where the whole lot is as you nicely put pressed to a box...

i have a local scrap yard and he is a big citroen fan.. he says he has kept virtually ALL the xm he took in. not sure how many that is though. i will ask next time i go.

Re: New member from Sweden with 27 XM

Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:07 pm
by russ92xmsed
Thanks Lundin for answering all those questions. I applaud your efforts!
We know where to go for spares then!!!!!!

Your so lucky Paul you have a appreciating Scrappy. Wish there was one round here.

Re: New member from Sweden with 27 XM

Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:39 pm
by silverspider
And if a XM goes to to scrapyard they dont save anything
Unfortunately the same thing is applied here. I have a small stack of spare parts from 2 cars i dismantled.

Re: New member from Sweden with 27 XM

Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:31 pm
by Dieselman
Lundin B wrote:
Image

Did they just arrive from space with beings like this driving them.

Image

You have a great collection.

Re: New member from Sweden with 27 XM

Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:16 pm
by MTXM
Over the years I must admit that I have broken a total of seven cars, although only two were runners! If I had the space like Lundin I would probably also park them up intact until bits were needed. The upside is that half my garage is full of spares, including two PRV V6 engines, mainly because I plan to drive XMs into my dottage!! Regards, Matthew T.