Page 2 of 5

Re: Gloucester S1 XM 2.0 Petrol For Scrap

Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:41 pm
by messerschmitt owner
Andrew
Can I suggest we both go on Sunday and drive it to my work (about ten miles from where it is located). We can dismantle it there as much as possible and I can call a scrap merchant to pick it up from there. The only issue is that it will need to go Monday or Tuesday from work but there are blocks, etc it can rest on till hi-abed! We won't get any money for the scrap that way, but I am sure we can, between us, pull of a lot of savable parts for you, Will and I.

Campbell

Re: Gloucester S1 XM 2.0 Petrol For Scrap

Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:44 pm
by messerschmitt owner
The car is in Gloucester and work is in Stroud. Driving it off means I get a chance to test out the leccie seats too!
Call me (number on PM) and we'll split cost 50/50 and sort out WIll's share later.

Re: Gloucester S1 XM 2.0 Petrol For Scrap

Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:42 pm
by robert_e_smart
Campbell, can I have the electronic armrest please? And the wood trim on the centre console.

Re: Gloucester S1 XM 2.0 Petrol For Scrap

Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:45 pm
by messerschmitt owner
robert_e_smart wrote:Campbell, can I have the electronic armrest please? And the wood trim on the centre console.
the top is broken off I think

Re: Gloucester S1 XM 2.0 Petrol For Scrap

Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:48 pm
by robert_e_smart
Hi Campbell,

PM sent.

Re: Gloucester S1 XM 2.0 Petrol For Scrap

Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:44 pm
by andmcit
My Cx GTi Turbo2 threw it's toys out of the pram last night though it's fixed and I'm now back on top of
things to actually have the headspace to devote to this car in Gloucester now. Until now it really looked
like my whole weekend was a write off. Damned gear linkage on the front subframe crusciform cross
member seems to have given up - car's only done 120k miles too.

Robert - yesterday I did say:
andmcit wrote:I'd love the ashtray radio covers as my 24v is broken on the hinge.
Campbell - pm sent and I'M LINED UP TO RUN OVER TOMORROW with tools and empty Xantia estate!
Whereabouts do I need to meet up?

Andrew

Re: Gloucester S1 XM 2.0 Petrol For Scrap

Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:06 pm
by Dieselman
andmcit wrote:
Campbell - pm sent and I'M LINED UP TO RUN OVER TOMORROW with tools and empty Xantia estate!
Whereabouts do I need to meet up?

Andrew
Well done Andy.
At present I'm stuck with a car in bits and a bit short of paint that has to be back together for Monday.

Re: Gloucester S1 XM 2.0 Petrol For Scrap

Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:31 pm
by robert_e_smart
Robert - yesterday I did say:

andmcit wrote:I'd love the ashtray radio covers as my 24v is broken on the hinge.
Must have missed that. Nae danger.

Re: Gloucester S1 XM 2.0 Petrol For Scrap

Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:04 pm
by andmcit
No worries Robert, just thought I didn't post what I wanted to yesterday and thought I must be losing the plot!!
Campbell, see you at midday tomorra then!!

All the best,
Andrew

Re: Gloucester S1 XM 2.0 Petrol For Scrap

Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:10 pm
by robert_e_smart
The wood trim was an after thought for me, I thought it would be a good replacement for the dreadful plastic imitation wood in the late S2. Which leads me onto my next point, why did they bother with the imitation wood, black plastic would have been nicer!