Hi,
Spoke to my mechanic and he said he would be happy to look at your car for you his name is Daren and his number is 07973190352 you may have to try him several times before and after work and he is a citroen mechanic he looks after my car no problem,
Regards,
Norman
Last edited by normantilbury on Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
98 Xm Vsx 2.1 Td Silver Estate RP 7548
Located in Lindley, Huddersfield HD3 3LX
normantilbury wrote:Hi,
Spoke to my mechanic and he said he would be happy to look at your car for you his name is Daren and his number is 07973190372 you may have to try him several times before and after work and he is a citroen mechanic he looks after my car no problem,
Regards,
Norman
Thanks for this Norman, much appreciated.
I'll keep his number on file for when I run into trouble or out of capability !!
Been a while since I've posted but I've been tied up with life, the universe and everything !
Well, I've now done best part of 4000 miles in the XM and my total costs to date are £19.00 consisting of a pair of wiper blades and wheel balancing.
That's it, nothing has gone wrong, she's used no oil, rises up and down and carries whatever I put inside with ease, heats all four passengers bums up from mildy cosy to roasting (if required), has the best heating system I've ever encountered, runs silently, does 32mpg on a run and floats along so comfortably it's untrue.
The odd problem that was there originally such as the pixels on the dash not working, slight suspension bonk-bonk (I know - it's probably the drop links), intermittent passenger front window failing to open and shudder under braking due to warped discs have neither fixed themselves nor got any worse and I will get round to them one day - just not now as I'm working on quite a few of my "project" cars at present and they're taking up all my free time.
I've realised that the car does a sort of "shimmy" from 40-55mph, quite possibly this is being caused by the warped front discs as I also see the steering wheel wobble if I let go at these speeds. Although I suspect front I can't be 100% sure if this is coming from the front or the rear - any advice here is very welcome.
All in all I'm still very happy with her - she's never let me down yet which is fantastic for a 14 year old car.
£19.00 consisting of a pair of wiper blades and wheel balancing.
The Monte Carlo wheels on this late model ES9 are hard to balance as a special adapter is required. Indies or tyre centres don't have one. How could you have this job done so cheaply, I wonder
2000 XM 3.0 V6 24v Exclusive Auto Vert Vega - 86k km LHD RP8569
£19.00 consisting of a pair of wiper blades and wheel balancing.
The Monte Carlo wheels on this late model ES9 are hard to balance as a special adapter is required. Indies or tyre centres don't have one. How could you have this job done so cheaply, I wonder
Since the the guy at my local tyre centre scratched the immaculate chrome hubcap on my 1941 Cadillac he always puts himself out to help me. He balanced all 4 wheels using an adapter of some kind but I didn't notice what it looked like. He only charged me £10.00 to do this.
Since you've raised this as an issue I'll take the car back and get him to recheck they're balanced ok.
Steering wheel shimmy is likely to be either buckled wheels, CV joint partially seized or tyre out of round.
91 3.0 sei M. 4852 EXY Black
92 2.1 sed M. 5740 ECZ Sable Phenicien
92 3.0 V6-24. 5713 EXY Black
92 2.1 sd M. 5685 ENT Blue Sideral
Prev
90 2.1sd M. 5049 EJV Mandarin
92 2.1sd A. 5698 EJV Mandarin
94 2.1sd A. 6218 ERT Triton
91 2.0si M. 5187 EWT White