Potential new owner.

New to the forum? Feel free to introduce yourself / your cars. Also have a look for any frequently asked questions and information.
russ92xmsed
Global Moderator

Re: Potential new owner.

Post by russ92xmsed » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:59 pm

To give you an idea Tom, last year I paid £272 full comp with admiral. Plus 5 years no claim bonus. I was 30 then and my first XM.
I kind of get the impression your younger, so I think I would certainly stick to the 2.0 or 2.1. :D
Russ

1992 K reg XM 2.1 Auto SED RP 5712
1992 K reg XM 2.1 Auto SED RP 5705 (D)
Also
2003 C5 2.2 HDI Exclusive

I sell Engine bay, 1990 COTY, Total & Club XM Sticker Decals
http://www.rjwcreativedesign.co.uk

TomSaintJames
Can find the S1 radio

Post by TomSaintJames » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:30 pm

Gosh what a lot of replies! Thanks everyone for your input, I was wondering when Mark (Mds141) and Richard (XMX) would be strolling along! I do indeed remember you Richard, I can tell you it's not warmed up down here much yet either! Thanks for the offer to drive yours Mark, I can't make the X rally, but will be doing the Bristol show.

Regarding insurance, I did do a quote for a TCT a month or two ago and that came back around 700, which I thiink is reasonable, when i'm 25 and can remove my points (which weren't for speeding consequently!) which happens around the same time i'll be able to go for classic insurance (which will be cheaper again), as i'm sure you all know, as a general rule they won't insure people with 6 or more points. Those points were incurred in my first hydraulic cit, a BX 14 TGE, so even worse than a TD!

Citroenxm, j reg car looks nice, I do like red/reddish cars - you can get a really good deep shine quite easily! The base model idea appeals to me too, less elecyrics to go wrong - electrics are something i'm not versed in at all, mechanical stuff i'm gradually teaching myself with much help from forums such as this, mostly BXC. But I do really like the idea of the V6 lpg, more cylinders is better. If there were a 6 pot turbo diesel XM, there'd be no question whatsoever!

Jonathon, ah so it's had more work done than I was aware. When I bought it (blind, I add) I had a good poke about and noticed all the usual BX rust spots had been sorted, and very thoroughly sorted too! The repairs look rather thicker than the body metal and are well sealed so I expect it to be solid in these bits for a good few years. The rust now is in the sills, door shuts and drivers door hinge area (same area that was repaired on the passengers side). Yep, perky and revvy for a diesel, before this car I was a petrol only person. I've been toying with the idea of speedlines, I think it'd look great with them and a front splitter. That is if I don't get an XM...

messerschmitt owner
Could do a 2.1 headgasket

Post by messerschmitt owner » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:49 pm

I was running a bc and Xm models simultaneously. Every time I would choose the Xm. Bigger, better, more fun. And here I am with three xms for a week or so and no bx.
Image[/url]
IMG_0865 by messerschmitt owner, on Flickr

TomSaintJames
Can find the S1 radio

Post by TomSaintJames » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:53 am

Do you have any interior pictures of your D citroenxm? And any of the LPG V6 your doing up too please! Saw a S2 VSX round the corner form me yesterday, it was very dirty and it was dark but it looked green to me, I live in Yeovil Somerset just incase there are any local Xmers?

CitroJim
Citroen God!

Post by CitroJim » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:50 pm

Tom, you'll often see me down your way heading to Langport where I was born and brought up...

I almost always use the XM for that run as it allows me to do the trip there and back in a day and without any stress...
Jim

'98 Saxo
'95 AX
Three bikes - Road, Aero and TT

Ex- owner of several XMs and many Xantias!

XMX
Could do a 2.1 headgasket

Post by XMX » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:02 pm

Hi Tom,
If you've not spotted the new post in the Sales & Wants section for a 2.1TD Exclusive I think you should take a LOOK as it location is literally on your doorstep (Taunton) and the seller is only wanting around £500 for it (however it has a slipping Auto-box) :(

But at this sort of money maybe worth considering ?

:)

XMX

An XM if for life, (Not just for Christmas) !