My name is Mike and I am a Citroholic

New to the forum? Feel free to introduce yourself / your cars. Also have a look for any frequently asked questions and information.
Peter.N.
Global Moderator

Re: My name is Mike and I am a Citroholic

Post by Peter.N. » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:05 pm

I am down to one now but have had seven in total plus three CXs and three BXs, been running hydropnumatics for more than 25 years now, all manual diesel and most estates - welcome to the club Mike.

Peter
'96 'N' 2.1 td VSX manual estate White RP6695. Sadly gone
2008 C5 2.0. Hdi Estate, Red
2008 C5 2.0. Hdi Estate Silver

Located in Charmouth, Dorset

CitroJim
Citroen God!

Post by CitroJim » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:24 pm

I think it's eight Xantias and three XMs I've had now...
Jim

'98 Saxo
'95 AX
Three bikes - Road, Aero and TT

Ex- owner of several XMs and many Xantias!

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Post by citroenxm » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:26 pm

PS;

I wasn't talk in the HAD sense, my count is my CURRENT count! I have TEN!! :shock: :?
Projects:(eventually if theres any bodywork left)
93 L Xm 2.1t D auto project
93 L xm V6 12v Sei Manual

Others
In use.. 1995 M reg S2 2.1td auto exclusive

Duke
Could do a 2.1 headgasket

Post by Duke » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:29 pm

I think that last year I was custodian of six Visas at one point...

Just about recovered now...! :o :twisted: Numbers are more sensible nowadays, thankfully!
1992 (K) Citroen XM 2.1 Turbo SD - Manual - K-BAN

jonathan_dyane
Has changed a sphere or two

Post by jonathan_dyane » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:06 pm

Welcome!

Having had many different Citroen's (many 2cv's and Dyane's GS/A, BX's a Xantia and also had a fair bit to do with CX's) I bought my first XM about four years ago, a lovely SED. It was without question the best car I ever had, and was the most comfortable, practical and satisfying of cars. Naturally I lived in fear of it going wrong in an exciting manner, but generally I was lucky. Despite the fact that it's new owner seems to have had plenty trouble with it (I sold it when in a skint phase in favour of something more economical and less liable to go wrong) I still regret having sold it, and have missed it ever since.

Now a few cars down the line (Peugeot 205D which gave me great economy at the expense of causing leg problems due to cramming my lanky frame into it, Merc 190D 2.5 which was troublefree motoring but nothing like as capable or satisfying as the XM, in addition to saloon impracticality, and now an Audi 80 TDI estate which I just don't get on with and has given me the bad leg again...) I realise I need another XM in my life, which I do hope to achieve in the next couple of months.

I do nearly 20000 miles a year, and I have come to the realisation that spending that much time in the car I would be a fool not having a car that gives me pleasure like the XM, even if I have to have a spare car rusting in the sidelines for when the XM throws its toys out the pram, as they will :D
Jonathan.
2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Estate
1979 Citroen GS 1220 Club Estate
1999 Yamaha FZS 600 Fazer
1991 Kawasaki GT-550
1986 MZ ETZ 250