My name is Mike and I am a Citroholic

New to the forum? Feel free to introduce yourself / your cars. Also have a look for any frequently asked questions and information.
Northern_Mike
Can find the S1 radio

My name is Mike and I am a Citroholic

Post by Northern_Mike » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:28 am

Well, as subject really.. I really can't stay away from the things!

Some of you may or may not know me from my rantings on the FCF, and may or may not have read my blog on there. I'm not going to cut and paste the intro here. I'll just say I've had more than 20 Citroens, mainly Xantias, though 5 of them have been 2CVs, 3 of them were XMs, 3 of them were ZXs, both petrol and diesel and I admit to Xsara 1.9TD for a while. I just sold my C5 110 to my brother to replace it with a car I always wanted to own - an early Subaru Impreza WRX STi. We still have a Berlingo Multispace, which is just a fantastic car, and really encompasses the spirit of the 2CV.

I promised myself I wouldn't have another Xantia or XM - spares availability, lack of space, aches and pains and lack of patience with bizarre and seemingly unsolvable problems really began to peeve me. Some of you may have owned Xantia Activas and will know exactly what I mean..

Anyway, I find myself hunting yet again for an XM... again. This time I'll keep it! It might be a few months until I get one as now is not the time to sell a car, and if I'm going to pay top money for a good one, then I need to shift the Impreza - fun though it is, and it really is fun, it's both too competent and too extreme.

So, there you have it. One day soon, I shall be again frustrated and bemused by something XM-related. Saying that, my old 2.1TD with 260k on it when I sold it (bought from Savoy) only ever needed the diode mod, my Estate only ever needed new spheres on the back, and my first K-reg 2.1SD was fine until the headgasket failed at 130k after I'd had it six months and done 25k in it very quickly..

CitroJim
Citroen God!

Re: My name is Mike and I am a Citroholic

Post by CitroJim » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:16 am

Welcome Mike :D It's great to see you on here and good luck with the hunt for a nice XM...

I've already told Malcolm you're having the ES9 V6 he has. He's reserved it for you ;)
Jim

'98 Saxo
'95 AX
Three bikes - Road, Aero and TT

Ex- owner of several XMs and many Xantias!

turbo_imp
Knows how to use the parking brake

Post by turbo_imp » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:28 am

Join the club, I have a rally refugee on the drive (GT4 WRC) and have just satiated my desire for another XM :D

I know the feeling, I know why I should not have another XM, but I still got one! I should really want another 5 series, but it does not have the comfy seats or the mental suspension :D

Good luck on the hunt, and make sure you get a thread put up as soon as you find the right one :)

J

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Post by citroenxm » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:35 am

AH HA!! I LOVE IT! Welcome Mike!

Once you have had an XM theres no going away! As Jim found when he nearly left, he changed his mind before even letting go! I Love it! Why does it take people so long!

Ive had for the last 10 years, an XM and used daily for the first 6 years, only recently as things got more hecktic around me, I failed myself to keep ontop and do any repair work to mine that Ive not had one on the road for the last 3 years, though that is getting close to change!

Yesterday I had to do some shifting of Two XM I had sitting at my works place.. in which I used my trailer and my mates S2 Exclusive 2.1 TD auto... I had to move a 2.1 D manual to the farm, and a V6 24v Manual S1 there aswell, and after useing the XM which handled the trailer beautifully with no issues, though slightly up hills, I really SO DO need an XM on the road again.

Well Mike, I didn't think I would see you on here, after your Rants on FCF which I have seen.. :D but good to see you.

Ive seen a few returning XM members turn up and new to XM members too... which is great, and the last one I pleased, Vince, who one of my customers bought his old Xantia, bought a K red 2.1 D from me and loves it..

As for Citroholic, my current fleet is 5 XM, plus the visiting V6 24v S1 for work, and 5 Xantia including my own Exclusive ...

So I know how you feel Mike.. :lol:
Projects:(eventually if theres any bodywork left)
93 L Xm 2.1t D auto project
93 L xm V6 12v Sei Manual

Others
In use.. 1995 M reg S2 2.1td auto exclusive

CitroJim
Citroen God!

Post by CitroJim » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:46 am

citroenxm wrote: Once you have had an XM theres no going away! As Jim found when he nearly left, he changed his mind before even letting go! I Love it! Why does it take people so long!
Yes, and look where I am now :roll:

It's true though Paul, the XM is addictive and a V6 XM doubly so 8-) :lol:
Jim

'98 Saxo
'95 AX

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Post by citroenxm » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:47 am

I know Jim, thats why I have still got the V6 12v auto SEi awaiting resto, and not been broken..

The S1 24v is also adictive, due to the amazing noise they make from the twin intakes on the manifold..

Others

CitroJim
Citroen God!

Post by CitroJim » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:58 am

Paul, it would be a crime to break any V6 XM now unless it's just gone so far as to be impossible...

I hope yours is the next on the list for getting back on the road!

Looking forward to hearing the sound of a nice 24V PRV again. The ES9 sounds nice but the PRV 24V is in an entirely different league. It's a symphony 8-)
Jim

'98 Saxo
'95 AX

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Post by citroenxm » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:02 am

Yea, she needs a lot of work... and she has also burst a rear pipe too... but thats a different story, and Im not near ready for her!

Others

Dieselman
Global Moderator

Post by Dieselman » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:10 pm

turbo_imp wrote: I know the feeling, I know why I should not have another XM, but I still got one!
I thought that and ended up with two...having broken a third one for spares. I've never had five of one model car before.
92 2.1SED M.RP5740 ECZ Sable Phenicien
92 3.0 V6-24.Rp 5713 EXY Black
92 2.1SD M.RP 5685 ENT Blue Sideral
Prev
90 2.1SD M.RP 5049 EJV Mandarin
92 2.1SD A.RP 5698 EJV Mandarin
94 2.1SD A.RP 6218 ERT Triton Green
91 2.0SI M.RP 5187 EWT White

MTXM
Citroen God!

Post by MTXM » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:42 pm

I am slightly embarrassed to admit that I have six XM and briefly went up to seven, but they do get under your skin!! At this stage I don't think I will sell or acquire any more as of the models which interest me I now have one of each type!! Good luck with finding the car you desire Mike. Regards, Matthew T.
1989 V6 Exclusive (Poland car) - Now living in a local Motor Museum!
1990 V6sei auto (grey auto)
1990 V6sei manual (gold car)
1990 V6.24 Pallas (Germany car)
1990 V6.24v (Scotland car)
Other previous XM sold and broken too many to mention!