My new XM

New to the forum? Feel free to introduce yourself / your cars. Also have a look for any frequently asked questions and information.
edelweiss
Can find the S1 radio

Re: My new XM

Post by edelweiss » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:18 am

Hi- I'm back again after doseur valve change and new brake discs after discovering pads on front were down to nothing! Doseur leak gone, ABS light off...phew
I was also having some problems getting the car going in the morning, (especially after heavy rain) it seemed to be the heater plug relay which I swapped out with another diesel xm someone gave me. Worked fine for a few days until the rain came again and now I can't get the thing to start again unless I go direct between battery and plug. Must be some faulty wiring between relay and plug is my guess. I'm super excited about that job.
Now it being my first citroen I've got a few questions about my suspension:
I've noticed that if I lower the car, switch off overnight, then start up in the morning, then change the selector to normal height, the car will not rise of it's own accord unless I rev the engine to about 2000rpm for about 30 secs. Then the back goes up followed by the front. Sometimes theres a little clunk before she goes up. And if I switch off the engine when I reach the High position theres also a little clunk. LHM is a little overfilled at the moment but clean. What should the correct operation of suspension be?
Thanks!

edelweiss
Can find the S1 radio

Re: My new XM

Post by edelweiss » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:24 am

oh, by the way the rumbling noise was the secondary fan kicking in, being a newbie i'd never heard it before- i guess you call it aerodynamism!