Hello from newbie

New to the forum? Feel free to introduce yourself / your cars. Also have a look for any frequently asked questions and information.
citroenmad
Citrobics expert

Re: Hello from newbie

Post by citroenmad » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:34 pm

That is a real shame, Im not sure how people expect to sell cars, expecially at top prices, if they are not going to be forthcoming with information.

I agree that a lot of traders do MOT the car after sale, however this is annoying if you are travelling a long distance. As even if you took the readies and had the means to get it back on the day of viewing, you would still have to make another trip to go and pick it up. If it is the right car then its worth it, if not its a wasted day and money.

I have lost count of the days I have wasted driving up and down the UK to look at what are advertised and pictured as good cars but turn into dogs once you get there. Some of these I have looked at have been XMs. As a result I'm quite put off by buying cars now, unless they are from forumers, which is where three of my cars have came from :lol: It's all down to the seller really.
Chris.
64 C1 Feel 5 Door
S2 Xantia Exclusive 2.0HDi 110 Estate - Mauritius Blue
S1 Xantia 2.0TCT Activa - Silver
77 Ami 8 Saloon
04 Rover 75

CCC Xantia Files Columnist.

amos
XM newbie

Post by amos » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:56 am

thanks chaps for your thoughts and suggestions, price is slightly over my budget for green one so i will keep my eyes and ears open till right one comes along. will get registered in club-xm.com too. Cheers

russ92xmsed
Global Moderator

Post by russ92xmsed » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:05 pm

Best of luck finding one. You never know... someone on here might have one for sale at some point.
Russ

1992 K reg XM 2.1 Auto SED RP 5712
1992 K reg XM 2.1 Auto SED RP 5705 (D)
Also
2003 C5 2.2 HDI Exclusive

I sell Engine bay, 1990 COTY, Total & Club XM Sticker Decals
http://www.rjwcreativedesign.co.uk