Razvan from Roumania

New to the forum? Feel free to introduce yourself / your cars. Also have a look for any frequently asked questions and information.
silverspider
Knows how to use the parking brake

Razvan from Roumania

Post by silverspider » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:32 pm

Hello Xm fans!I had a quick look and i can say that this forum is very helpful. I have a green 2.1 series 2 Xm. It was a v6 but because of very high tax far 3 liter engine was converted to diesel. Even for a 2.1 the tax here is very big compared with my salary because it exceeds 2.0 l is considered luxury car and is taxed accordingly. What can i say... f**K Romania!
Ok! More details:
- fabrication year: 1997;
- beige leather interior;
- climatronik,full electric,alloys, etc.

Bought recently, ex owner of BX 1.8 turbo (very,very good car but my heart is beating for Xm :) )
Xm 2.1 turbo d12 mk2

Dieselman
Global Moderator

Re: Razvan from Roumania

Post by Dieselman » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:43 pm

silverspider wrote: Even for a 2.1 the tax here is very big compared with my salary because it exceeds 2.0 l is considered luxury car and is taxed accordingly. What can i say... f**K Romania!
We used to have a similar system for taxing company cars, it was also based on vehicle value, so when I went from a 2.0 litre petrol XM to a 2.1TD my tax went through the roof as it hit both trigger points.

Still, it was my choice and a great car. 8-)
92 2.1SED M.RP5740 ECZ Sable Phenicien
92 3.0 V6-24.Rp 5713 EXY Black
92 2.1SD M.RP 5685 ENT Blue Sideral
Prev
90 2.1SD M.RP 5049 EJV Mandarin
92 2.1SD A.RP 5698 EJV Mandarin
94 2.1SD A.RP 6218 ERT Triton Green
91 2.0SI M.RP 5187 EWT White

silverspider

Post by silverspider » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:54 pm

Gr8 car it is indeed! i am mad i can't invest that money in my car and i have to pay it for nothing. The car needs a lot of work but it is working fine as it is.
I am just happy i finally have an Xm :)
I will post some photos as soon as i can.
Xm 2.1 turbo d12 mk2

Jan-hendrik
XM Guru

Post by Jan-hendrik » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:37 pm

Welcome! Excuse me, but what does Razvan mean? Is it your name, or a greeting?
Romania was sealed behind the Iron Curtain for so long and so in the days I was able to travel around Europe, which prevented me from visiting there. I know yours is a beautiful country and I'd like to go there some day, if I still am allowed the time :)
Looking forward to the pictures.
Oh, BTW, what is the vehicle in your avatar? Is a tractor?

Jan
2000 XM 3.0 V6 24v Exclusive Auto Vert Vega - 86k km LHD RP8569

silverspider

Post by silverspider » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:29 pm

Jan-hendrik wrote:Welcome! Excuse me, but what does Razvan mean? Is it your name, or a greeting?
Romania was sealed behind the Iron Curtain for so long and so in the days I was able to travel around Europe, which prevented me from visiting there. I know yours is a beautiful country and I'd like to go there some day, if I still am allowed the time :)
Looking forward to the pictures.
Oh, BTW, what is the vehicle in your avatar? Is a tractor?

Jan
Razvan is my name :)
Communist period was over in 1989 when a gr8 revolution took place and the communist dictator and his wife were killed.U can visit now :lol:
i do not have words to describe how beautiful this country is, so many places to visit, good food, nice traditions.Unfortunately it is not advertised in the world as it should be because people who lead us are just corrupt idiots.
That is not a tractor, its an ATV.

Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikHxl3QToWg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9HiPCp3 ... re=related

It is a must visit country, trust me. And when u are ready for visiting Roumania contact me first to give u ride with my Xm to some beautiful places i know ;)
Xm 2.1 turbo d12 mk2

silverspider

Post by silverspider » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:35 pm

Xm 2.1 turbo d12 mk2

Kit

Post by Kit » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:43 am

Hi Razvan, I see you are based near Cluj, I know it well! Been there several times, the last time I picked up two hitch hikers on the hill going south out of Cluj and took them all the way to Bucuresti, Stopped in Sibiu for a meal. What a change, I had not been there for 12 years. My partner writes guide books to Romania, I am the support crew. I am hoping to drive there next year in the XM, ideal car for Romanian roads and as a Motorway cruiser to get there. If the trip actually happens it would be good to meet up, we would definitely be staying in Cluj at some point. I totally agree about your politicians, they are almost as bad as ours, I look forward to when the young people of Roumania take back their country.
Cheers, Kit
'95 2.1td manual VSX Estate Silver rp6791
'95 2.1td manual VSX Estate Green rp6769 sorn

silverspider

Post by silverspider » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:53 pm

Kit wrote:Hi Razvan, I see you are based near Cluj, I know it well! Been there several times, the last time I picked up two hitch hikers on the hill going south out of Cluj and took them all the way to Bucuresti, Stopped in Sibiu for a meal. What a change, I had not been there for 12 years. My partner writes guide books to Romania, I am the support crew. I am hoping to drive there next year in the XM, ideal car for Romanian roads and as a Motorway cruiser to get there. If the trip actually happens it would be good to meet up, we would definitely be staying in Cluj at some point. I totally agree about your politicians, they are almost as bad as ours, I look forward to when the young people of Roumania take back their country.
Cheers, Kit
I live near Bucharest but Cluj is not too far away as you already know that. It will be a pleasure to meet some day, maybe in the summer when everything is green again.
I bought my car from Cluj. Now the roads are better.
Wow! 12 years its a long time, so many things have changed since then.
For anyone who wants to visit Romania you can contact me at:
email: razvan.379 at gmail dot com
mobile phone: +40765196792

Looking forward to meet you Kit!
Xm 2.1 turbo d12 mk2