XM By Proxy

New to the forum? Feel free to introduce yourself / your cars. Also have a look for any frequently asked questions and information.
Six-cylinder
XM newbie

XM By Proxy

Post by Six-cylinder » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:25 am

Sorry I have no XM of my own but drive my friends 2.1Diesel VSX Auto Estate regularly. I have always liked XMs and worked for a Citroen dealer 1994-1996, that gave me a chance to drive variety of them. I own four Citroens all on the road - 1983 CX 2400I/E Pallas Auto, 1972 D Super, 1993 ZX 19TD Aura, and my favourite 1986 Visa 17RD. I would love an XM but I just have too many cars to add another car to the fleet right now.

Chris

This is the XM 2.1Diesel VSX Auto Estate I get to drive.

1997 XM 2.0 16v Auto SX

Peter.N.
Global Moderator

Re: XM By Proxy

Post by Peter.N. » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:27 pm

Hi Chris

Welcome to the club. I think the XM is the best car in the world - well for my needs anyway, but only one type, the 2.1 manual estate. I have been running them for 15 years now and in the early days when I was working I was doing about 25,000 miles a year. I was a TV engineer in those days and the XM was the only car big enough to carry any quantity of the TVs of the day which apart from being large, weighed anything up to a hundredweight, in addition the ride comfort and economy are second to none.

I used them almost exclusively until recently when I bought the 406, doesn't compare for ride but is comfortable and brilliant on fuel. We still use the XM though, a recent trip to Trago Mills saw it carrying two single beds plus materesses and a three metre length of work top. I had a BMW 5 series estate recently, but not for long, useless compared to the XM.

Peter
'96 'N' 2.1 td VSX manual estate White RP6695. Sadly gone
2008 C5 2.0. Hdi Estate, Red
2008 C5 2.0. Hdi Estate Silver

Located in Charmouth, Dorset