There's a funny thing, now !

Off topic chat about anything you like. Doesn't have to be about XMs (though they will inevitibly come up!). You can even discuss non-Citroens :o in here!
onthecut
Citrobics expert

There's a funny thing, now !

Post by onthecut » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:59 pm

Hi Guys.

There are five C6 floating around BCA at the moment and, guess what --- four of them were registered on the same day ! Now obviously this wouldn't be the manufacturer registering them in a block, because they don't do that sort of thing anymore --- so this must just have been a very good day for C6 sales. Out of curiosity, do we know what the C6 figures for the UK actually are ?

Mike.

Peter.N.
Global Moderator

Re: There's a funny thing, now !

Post by Peter.N. » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:38 pm

About the same as '96 manual XM estates I would think. :D
'96 'N' 2.1 td VSX manual estate White RP6695. Sadly gone
2008 C5 2.0. Hdi Estate, Red
2008 C5 2.0. Hdi Estate Silver

Located in Charmouth, Dorset

onthecut
Citrobics expert

Post by onthecut » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:32 pm

Peter.N. wrote:About the same as '96 manual XM estates I would think. :D

As many as that !!

Mike.

citroenmad
Citrobics expert

Post by citroenmad » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:27 am

Well i see more C6s than i do Xms on the road, so there must be a fair few around in the UK. Though saying that it might just mean there are hardly any Xms left :roll:

I love the C6, fantastic car, they do sell and i do see them quite often. There are two black ones in my town, one is a 59 plate and the other id an 09 - this is always driven by a woman who seems very fond of the curbs in our redicoulous tescos car park :lol:

£13299 is the cheapest one on autotrader at the minute, 57reg 2.7HDi Linage with 10K miles, now thats a lot of car for the money.
Chris.
64 C1 Feel 5 Door
S2 Xantia Exclusive 2.0HDi 110 Estate - Mauritius Blue
S1 Xantia 2.0TCT Activa - Silver
77 Ami 8 Saloon
04 Rover 75

CCC Xantia Files Columnist.

onthecut
Citrobics expert

Post by onthecut » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:37 am

Sadly, I think the latter part is the case --- it's not that there are a lot of C6, just that XM sightings are becoming very scarce. I'm out and about all around the place and now it can be months inbetween seeing another XM. Only have to look and see the scarcity of entries in the 'spotted' slot.

Maybe you have a particularly active dealer in your area. I've only seen two or three C6 altogether around Brum and it receives no prominence whatsoever in the main Cit. dealership. Interesting car, but fatally flawed for me by there not being an estate version. I suspect that in another year or two, prices of the early ones will plummet, as their reg plates are perceived to be 'old' and they become just another big old Citroen.

Thinking about it, I really haven't seen that many of the new C5 about, either (although obviously more than the C6!) and that should be a much more mainstream job.

Mike.

Peter.N.
Global Moderator

Post by Peter.N. » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:54 pm

Its strange where all the XM's go, there have been more for sale in the last week than I have seen on the roads in the last couple of years, where have they been hiding them all? Lead me to it!

Peter
'96 'N' 2.1 td VSX manual estate White RP6695. Sadly gone
2008 C5 2.0. Hdi Estate, Red
2008 C5 2.0. Hdi Estate Silver

Located in Charmouth, Dorset

citroenmad
Citrobics expert

Post by citroenmad » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:27 pm

Yes maybe, Xms are very scarce now, most people see them as just an old car and probably bin them once they have finished running them into the ground. It seems just about everyone needs a brand new cars these days, if its more than six months old and wearing the previous reg people need a new car, i cant see the point, why not stick with a car if you like it. Mind there are not many new cars i like so many noone can find a good modern car :lol:

I do see a fair few new shape C5s about, though almost always coil spring base spec cars, you can tell this as they ride higher than the hydraulic version, which only comes with the exclusive trim spec. Hence most rep mobiles are the SX or VTR which dont have hydraulic suspension. Ive got to say that these are growning on me at the moment, i hated the looks when it first came out but now i quite like it. I still maintain that the best C5 is the S1 facelift model, what a superb car, more spacious than the new one, better to drive than the early ones and looks very smart too.

A C6 estate would be a fantastic idea, ive often thought it would be, as Citroen no longer make a large estate car, the new C5 is a 'sport tourer' and has a far smaller load bay than the previous C5. CVitroen was well known for offering huge estate cars (DS, CX, XM, C5) but the current model is getting small inside now.

I plan to have a C6 at some point, so im looking forward to the prices getting even lower :)
Chris.
64 C1 Feel 5 Door
S2 Xantia Exclusive 2.0HDi 110 Estate - Mauritius Blue
S1 Xantia 2.0TCT Activa - Silver
77 Ami 8 Saloon
04 Rover 75

CCC Xantia Files Columnist.