Verbal Diarrhoea

Off topic chat about anything you like. Doesn't have to be about XMs (though they will inevitibly come up!). You can even discuss non-Citroens :o in here!
onthecut
Citrobics expert

Verbal Diarrhoea

Post by onthecut » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:15 am

Am I the only one who just gets irritated by the reams of writing on some of these Ebay XM listings ? There are shorter versions of War and Peace about than some of these listings. Joke is, half the time they only serve to convince that the writer knows a lot less than he / she thinks they do !

MIke.

bitonthesidexm
Knows how to use the parking brake

Re: Verbal Diarrhoea

Post by bitonthesidexm » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:22 am

Yes!

I thought I'd better keep it short Mike - you might shout at me! :lol:
1994 XM Turbo Onyx in black.

andmcit
XM Guru

Post by andmcit » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:20 am

Usually I find in an ebay description "more" is usually better than nothing where the gaps are wide
enough to drive an Xm through! When done properly some are even a good entertaining read tough
I agree concise and to the point where appropriate with key facts is a helpful in the addition to war
and peace bit.

Andrew

Peter.N.
Global Moderator

Post by Peter.N. » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:10 pm

I object to them 'shouting', expanding to ten pages what could be written in one. I have to be very interested to make me want to scroll through reems of 30 point printing.

Peter
'96 'N' 2.1 td VSX manual estate White RP6695. Sadly gone
2008 C5 2.0. Hdi Estate, Red
2008 C5 2.0. Hdi Estate Silver

Located in Charmouth, Dorset

citroenmad
Citrobics expert

Post by citroenmad » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:53 pm

I always prefer more writing than less, often ebay listers are very lazy and miss out so much vital information.

Certainly more is more helpful, even if they dont appear to know what they are going on about.

When i sell cars i always spend a good while on the adverts and write as much as i can think of (then again my posts on here are often long arnt they!), as thats what id like to see when im buying a car. It certainly helps to get a quick sale, in my expereince anyway.

Chris.
Chris.
64 C1 Feel 5 Door
S2 Xantia Exclusive 2.0HDi 110 Estate - Mauritius Blue
S1 Xantia 2.0TCT Activa - Silver
77 Ami 8 Saloon
04 Rover 75

CCC Xantia Files Columnist.