flippin' computers.....

Off topic chat about anything you like. Doesn't have to be about XMs (though they will inevitibly come up!). You can even discuss non-Citroens :o in here!
rowanmoor
Knows how to use the parking brake

Re: flippin' computers.....

Post by rowanmoor » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:23 pm

If you were on IE7 then the new firefox (and the older versions for that matter) should be faster. I believe it is a bit closer with IE8 though.
Rowan

94M XM 2.5 TD VSX Estate RP 6430 Forest Green

Ciaran
Site Admin
Orga / RP numbers: 1234

Post by Ciaran » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:37 pm

IE8 is quite quick yes, but personally I've had some stability problems with it in comparison to IE7, though overall across customer sites etc its been running very well.

It does have some very useful featurs, like the accelerators for example can save a lot of time if you do certain tasks a lot.

Ciarán

carlos774
Can find the S1 radio

Post by carlos774 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:05 pm

Hi Seem to have lost a post somewhere.......
I was running IE7 and changed to 8 to see if it would resolve the problem . It didn't. Could access the personal pages off Firefox OK.
Now however SWMBO has got us running off a Livebox and all can be accessed off IE or Firefox.
I've no idea why, but there we are. Now all it needs is to get the phone working off the livebox and all will be well with the world...........No not really but free international calls will stop the cheque book trying to self combust.
Cheers, Carl G.