KP's growing amount of Citroens...

The place to show off and tell us all about your XMs (or even other cars). Should it be a big project, or just some general pics, start your thread in here.
xmexclusive
Global Moderator

Re: KP's growing amount of Citroens...

Post by xmexclusive » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:32 pm

Hi Jim

The unplugging only works if an engine ECU is present and contains the immobiliser routines.
So it is only the XM's Paul has listed that check for keypad presence at startup and can reconfigure to run without if found missing.
Technically this unplugging process invalidates the car insurance unless the company is notified of the change.
With this immobiliser code system in use it is possible for the ECU to lock out permanently.
Normally it will time out and reset. With each software revision the length of timeout got increased.
If it does lock out you need a replacement ECU with known code or someone capable of resetting the ECU to factory settings.
Resetting is a hardware and software job as the design of these ECU's predate chips resettable by LEXIA programme.

John

kingp
Could do a 2.1 headgasket

Post by kingp » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:02 pm

Well I'm a happy duck for the moment :)

kingp

Post by kingp » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:07 pm

Well one keyfob is now paired up :) Will get round to the other one sometime but need to stop by the MOT place and get the retest bit done and then its doing a stag weekend trip this saturday for some paintballing :)

Also while its not the most economical car i've ever driven, its not doing to bad...

[youtube]mDZzjBRO8dU[/youtube]

And the odo was reset when i filled her up and was showing 193/4miles travelled at that point :)

CitroJim
Citroen God!

Post by CitroJim » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:18 am

Nearly as good as my V6....
Jim

'98 Saxo
'95 AX
Three bikes - Road, Aero and TT

Ex- owner of several XMs and many Xantias!

kingp

Post by kingp » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:07 am

Ha ha :)

Well this morning the fob wouldn't unlock the car :( so I set the alarm off by using the key fob and then spent a few minutes with a wailing alarm trying to pair it up again and finally succeed! I hadn't pressed the button other than to lock and deadlock the car last night so it seems a bit strange :( anyone else had this with the rf system?

xmexclusive
Global Moderator

Post by xmexclusive » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:47 am

At "R" reg you most likely have a PSA3 alarm system.
They can be a real pain for playing up and fault finding on.
Not easy to isolate either.
Get it read and cleared on a Lexia to identify the recorded faults.
The alternative is to deadlock with the key and only use the plip to unlock.
The earlier 2.5's had the simpler and more reliable PSA2 alarm.

Good luck, you will need it.

John

kingp

Post by kingp » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:39 pm

Cheers John :)

Think i may just leave it be and use the key. I do have another working key i put the 2 batteries in like this current one to replace the ones that were in it so may give it a whirl!

kingp

Post by kingp » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:32 pm

Woohoo I have a fresh ticket!!
Advisory on the lhm pump but it literally takes 30minutes to form a drip at the lowest bolt.

Not too bad yet then but it looked like the pump will need to be split in 1/2 to get that seal replaced as it's coming from the body itself.

Still happy though and just need to work in the other bits :)

CitroJim
Citroen God!

Post by CitroJim » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:40 pm

Excellent :D Well done Will :mrgreen:
Jim

'98 Saxo
'95 AX
Three bikes - Road, Aero and TT

Ex- owner of several XMs and many Xantias!

kingp

Post by kingp » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:22 am

well the XM let me down yesterday on the way to court :(

The fuel supply pipe from the filter housing got a pinhole so starterd to stutter and lose power as i was heading out of glossop up the snake pass so that was fun!

Pulled over and didnt have my toolkit with me so looked at what i could use. An old super long boot lace from an old services boot. So i started by doing a slip not on it after looping the lace around the pipe and then pulled it tight over the pin hole. Then did some flat half knots on top and once it got a little damp the seal was much better but not perfect. It was enough to get me into Sheffield though so all was good and then i spent 30mins stood still outside queueing to get into the Law buildings :( When done i called the AA and they were with me in about 15minutes and i just pointed the fella to what it was and it was sorted in 5 minutes :)

Another AA callout used so down to 3 more rescues in the next year so lets see how it goes! Economy is up a little as well but with all the traffic ive been sitting in recently its dropped to an average of 36mpg on the dash computer at the minute :( At least the veg is 80p/l with a smidge of engine oil in the tank to take the edge of the veg oil smell :)