KP's growing amount of Citroens...

The place to show off and tell us all about your XMs (or even other cars). Should it be a big project, or just some general pics, start your thread in here.
citroenxm
Global Moderator

Re: KP's growing amount of Citroens...

Post by citroenxm » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:41 pm

Congrats Selling the C5, its ALWAYS Worth waiting for the correct buyer, I never do, and get more interested in getting the car gone over the correct price..
Projects:(eventually if theres any bodywork left)
93 L Xm 2.1t D auto project
93 L xm V6 12v Sei Manual

Others
In use.. 1995 M reg S2 2.1td auto exclusive

kingp
Could do a 2.1 headgasket

Post by kingp » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:56 pm

I always do one thing to get a car sold. If advertised for more than a week and not much interest I just fill the tank up.

Sod's law really but works :)
Now just getting the xm mot'd and then I can finish the xantia off and get it sold.

Put 40litres of ktc's best genetic soya in the tank with some diesel today and will see how she goes :)

kingp

Post by kingp » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:20 pm

Well i was going to take her for her MOT to be completed but the fella who does the MOT's is off as his mrs has a bun in the oven and something happened over the weekend so he's been in hosp with her. :(

So went and got the alignment done at National for £15. I tried to get it right when putting it all back together but it was out a bit and even if they cant make it perfect it will be a whole load better than i could and already feels it.

While it was up on the 4 poster i took the chacne to look underneath and for the 10minutes it was up there there wasn't any drops :)

Downside was they put a code in a few times that wasnt right so that took another 20mins to sort :( I need to get round the back of that thing and unplug it!

In other news i think the Veg seems to be OK so far but it is early days and is 85p/litre so a large saving over normal pump diesel. Also getting 40mpg with well spirited driving although the journey to work this morning was more sedate and the average when i got there was just over 61mpg so i can live with that long term. Its double what the FF is capable of! The plugs have certainly seen better days and takes an extra second literally of cranking to get her fired up first thing when the fuel is at its coldest so i think a 75/25 mix or cutting with some BioD or Petrol would do the thinning job and some duraterm plugs as well if the next 2.5td is the same on it but it is GM Soya so not the best veg oil!

Some squeeks are now annoying me and the passenger door trim is loose so as i had already ordered 10 door car clips to help with the xantia i can see how many are needed on the XM as they will no doubt be similar parts or do the same job :)

Radio and the radio controls are annoying me as well although mute works when it feels like it!!

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Post by citroenxm » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:11 pm

I have got the CORRECT steering wheel controls for you in the boot of my car!

Key pad is EASY will.. WHILE the engine is running just pop the whole trim square up that has the mirror control and keypad and rear window switch's and simply pull the plug on the keypad!

The trim just pops out - or should do!

Others

kingp

Post by kingp » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:33 pm

Cool stuff I'll go give it a try now. Annoys me the cover isn't there but wish there was a cubby or blank panel to replace it :(

Ps your biggest battery was toast and holds 3v even after a recondition attempt :(

Others are surviving well though and will be ready when you pop over :)

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Post by citroenxm » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:38 pm

BRILL stuff... Need to get one of those conditioners myself! Be brill if I can get some batterys together

Others

CitroJim
Citroen God!

Post by CitroJim » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:53 pm

citroenxm wrote: Key pad is EASY will.. WHILE the engine is running just pop the whole trim square up that has the mirror control and keypad and rear window switch's and simply pull the plug on the keypad!
Doesn't work on all engines. I don't know about the 2.5 but it definitely doesn't on the TCT
citroenxm wrote:The trim just pops out - or should do!
It might need gentle help with a screwdriver. There's two tabs on each side that clip into the console frame. be careful when reassembling to make sure the height lever trim properly slips into its front and back channels otherwise you’ll find the height lever won't move. I had this and it was Sam who advised me what was wrong on Saturday :D
Jim

'98 Saxo
'95 AX
Three bikes - Road, Aero and TT

Ex- owner of several XMs and many Xantias!

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Post by citroenxm » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:54 pm

Works on V6 ESJ, works on Lucas EPIC 2.1 TD engines too...

Others

CitroJim
Citroen God!

Post by CitroJim » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:03 pm

citroenxm wrote:Works on V6 ESJ, works on Lucas EPIC 2.1 TD engines too...
A comprehensive list of does and doesn't might be really valuable Paul :)
Jim

'98 Saxo
'95 AX
Three bikes - Road, Aero and TT

Ex- owner of several XMs and many Xantias!

kingp

Post by kingp » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:00 pm

Keypad finally now done! Also did some toothbrush dusting around the buttons all over the dash while i let the engine idle for a few minutes as i hate just starting and stopping an engine quickly. Not good for the battery or the engine really. Cheers Paul
:)

next is another good interior clean out with a carpet shampoo'r and the hoover :)

PS works on the 2.5td :S so all good!