Yey! Back on the road again!

The place to show off and tell us all about your XMs (or even other cars). Should it be a big project, or just some general pics, start your thread in here.
ash2020
Knows how to use the parking brake

Yey! Back on the road again!

Post by ash2020 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:04 pm

I've just had the old girl tested today. (That's the car, of course!) Passed the MOT for only a oner (that's a ton to you squire!) My green VSX has been languishing for about 3 months because I had my VW van on the road and couldn't afford to run both. I couldn't believe what a warm feeling I had driving to and from the garage! Strangely, there was a slight problem with the electrics! What are the chances of that happening? Evidently when the rear fog light was switched on, the N/S mirror dipped :o It can happen, the reversing light wire was shorting on the foglight wire!
Anyway, I've got another year of happy motoring ahead, barring any problems with the clutch, belts, electrics, hydraulics, but that's not likely to happen is it?
Cheers and a Happy New Year.
Andrew.
(97) XM 2.5TD VSX Green

Peter.N.
Global Moderator

Re: Yey! Back on the road again!

Post by Peter.N. » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:49 am

Well done. I fear my remaining 2.1 tds are nearing the end of their lives, I think the white one will go on for another year but not to sure about the red one, MOT isn't untill the summer anyway.

Peter
'96 'N' 2.1 td VSX manual estate White RP6695. Sadly gone
2008 C5 2.0. Hdi Estate, Red
2008 C5 2.0. Hdi Estate Silver

Located in Charmouth, Dorset

ash2020
Knows how to use the parking brake

Re: Yey! Back on the road again!

Post by ash2020 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:29 pm

Sad to hear that Peter, but think of the extra quality of life you've given them!
(97) XM 2.5TD VSX Green