Robert's Turbo SD Estate

The place to show off and tell us all about your XMs (or even other cars). Should it be a big project, or just some general pics, start your thread in here.
robert_e_smart
Global Moderator

Robert's Turbo SD Estate

Post by robert_e_smart » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:03 pm

Evening Folks,

I thought it about time I should introduce my Green estate car properly now that I have it more or less where I want it to be in terms of work done and condition etc etc.

1992 2.1 TD Manual, now with 160K miles. I have done about 3K miles in it now, and some of you will have seen her at the CX rally in September.

Fortunately the car was in really good shape to begin with, and a credit to Ken who owned the car for 7 years previous.

Since I have got the car, I have done the usual sphere re-gassing, timing belt kit and any other maintenance the car has needed. I have also freshened it up by putting some alloys on her, and sticking in a S2 hatchback leather interior and the much needed electronic centre armrest!

Next on the list is to re-seal the throttle spindle of the diesel pump, and that will be her more or less finished.

I really enjoy driving this car, its so handy and practical, every household should have a XM estate! :lol: This car is on the long term staff here, and I plan to keep it as long as I can.

1990 XM 2.1 Turbo SD
2008 Volvo V70 D5 SE Lux Automatic
2009 Volvo XC90 D5 SE Automatic