My Citroen XM 3.0 PR-Vestige

The place to show off and tell us all about your XMs (or even other cars). Should it be a big project, or just some general pics, start your thread in here.
Dean
Global Moderator

Re: My Prestige

Post by Dean » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:28 pm

Anyone want to buy an xm and Activa? ive found a better car.................
Mondeo time2 by Deanxm, on Flickr
Mondeo time3 by Deanxm, on Flickr
Mondeo time4 by Deanxm, on Flickr
Mondeo time1 by Deanxm, on Flickr

..................ok maybe not eh, but it is for sale, 2.0 16v Zetec Mondano in moondust silver, FSH, 90k, immaculate condition, Air Conditioning, Electric Windows, Electric Mirrors, ABS, brand new front discs and pads, new rear pads drives like new.

D
92 Citroen XM Prestige 3.0i Auto R.P5678
14 Mitsubishi L200 Trojan
89 Talbot Express 2.0 coach built Auto-trail Chinook

Addicted to Crackanory

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Post by citroenxm » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:31 pm

50 quid I bid.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paul
Projects:(eventually if theres any bodywork left)
93 L Xm 2.1t D auto project
93 L xm V6 12v Sei Manual

Others
In use.. 1995 M reg S2 2.1td auto exclusive

robert_e_smart
Global Moderator

Post by robert_e_smart » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:34 pm

£100!!

It has a CAT I take it Dean?
1990 XM 2.1 Turbo SD
2008 Volvo V70 D5 SE Lux Automatic
2009 Volvo XC90 D5 SE Automatic

Dean
Global Moderator

Post by Dean » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:08 pm

yes Robert your only about right ;)

D

Addicted to Crackanory

CitroJim
Citroen God!

Post by CitroJim » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:20 pm

After painstaking and long research I find that is the only Mondy left in the wild with intact bumpers :lol:

My neighhbour has a brand-new Mondy, the lardy, hideously ugly one. Against it the old Mondy looks good, stylish almost...

Dean, I hope you're not harbouring any thoughts of keeping it :twisted:
Jim

'98 Saxo
'95 AX
Three bikes - Road, Aero and TT

Ex- owner of several XMs and many Xantias!

Dean
Global Moderator

Post by Dean » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:49 pm

Im a car fan, i just like Citroens the most, no matter how crap a car seems i have to own it and make my own mind up so i will rest the Activa while i Drive this, as soon as the logbook comes back its going on wightbay!!
It is just superb though, there are no marks, no clunks or squeaks, everything works (not that there is much to pack up) and with full history it will sell itself and buy me a clutch and Pauls A/C condenser plus a test and regas for the Xm's A/C too.
With my lady giving up work post baby i will have to go back to buying and selling cars to fund my habbit which is great fun but it means i spend a lot of time repairing cars to get enough cash to be able to work on the cars i love so progress on the XM etc would be slooooooooow.
mind you it means i get to buy more Rover 2 and 4 series cars and i love them, especialy the bubbles, they sell like hotcakes down here.

D

Addicted to Crackanory

robert_e_smart
Global Moderator

Post by robert_e_smart » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:41 pm

I have fallen out with Rovers Dean! Last weekend I did a timing belt and other work on a MGF. The access was good for a mid-engined car, but a gorilla must have been working on the car previously, the amount of time lost on over-tightened was unbelievable!

Head gaskets! Enjoy them with the Rovers Dean :lol: :lol:
1990 XM 2.1 Turbo SD

Dean
Global Moderator

Post by Dean » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:55 pm

Yes done loads, i can do a Nasp K series without A/C in 1hr now Robert, the problem with the engines is the 1.6 and 1.8 are overbored and the footprint of the liner on the block is much smaller than the 1.4 and smaller engines, there is no coolant level warning either and the engine is lightly built and do not take overheating, if you abuse the coolant system at all you will either kill the block on bigger lumps by sinking the liners which then allows combustion gas in which creates a massive air lock in the poorly designed coolant pipe that runs from the block to the rad and destroys the whole engine by cooking the alloy until its like marsh mallow.

If you fit a coolant level sensor they are amazing little engines, performance is great too, a 1.6 bubble will destroy a 2.0 Audi coupe as my brother found out, he lost some money that day ;)

And of course Robert, the price of parts is music to my ears, a brand new block for £200! they are cheap cheap cheap to run and go like stink, everyone should have a Kseries powered rover at some point just to see what Rover could have carried on doing if they hadnt of been raped!

D

Addicted to Crackanory

robert_e_smart
Global Moderator

Post by robert_e_smart » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:07 am

A friend had a 1.6 400 a few years ago, and it was a flying machine. Its a nice simple thing to work on, and I was amazed at how cheap parts weere for this MGF thing, and the availability of them as well.

However, if I was to do any modern Rovering, it would have to be a 800 with a Honda engine in it! :D
1990 XM 2.1 Turbo SD

CitroJim
Citroen God!

Post by CitroJim » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:52 am

I once had a metro with a 1.1 K engine in it. The engine was bloody brilliant and so, frankly was the car. It was just a crying shame the car was built in an environment where the word quality was totally and utterly unknown. I'm sure that official Rover issue dictionaries had the word and its definition blacked out.

I've seen better built biscuit tins. Such a shame as the Rover cars were fundamentally great and could have been world beaters.

The world is a poorer place without Rover :cry:
Jim

'98 Saxo
'95 AX
Three bikes - Road, Aero and TT

Ex- owner of several XMs and many Xantias!