S2 2.1 auto in silver with leather on ebay

Selling off one (or bits :o) of your XM collection, or perhaps searching for those elusive headlight washer covers? This is the place to do it.
andmcit
XM Guru

S2 2.1 auto in silver with leather on ebay

Post by andmcit » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:05 pm

Badged an Exclusive and it looks all right. All these auto's are boring me to tears though!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/citroen-xm-2-1-tu ... 0489177497
citroen xm 2,1 diesel auto , car has only done 700 mile since mot as i have been in france most of the time

citroen xm mot till mid april 2010 recent new tyres exhaust and towbar engine and gearbox are excellent never had a problem with them body in good sound codition for year

faults dash led faulty i have bought a spare / sun roof opens wont close fitted new motor only to find out its the switch which i do not have

but you can buy for pennies /

citroen garage told me the accumalator spere is a bit week there is a brand new one in the car ready to fit

cruise control not working i have purchaced another stalk control will need fitting

not much more i can say have to sell moving to france do not have time to do the bits i leave for france in just a short time,

drive away a bargain

please note you are bidding to buy not to come and kick tyres car must go

as i cant take to france good luck bidding
Lots of silver Xm's about at the moment on ebay!? :?

Andrew

minijet
Has changed a sphere or two

Re: S2 2.1 auto in silver with leather on ebay

Post by minijet » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:45 pm

Looks ok, a few more pics (inc. interior) would be nice though. And a bit more info........mileage, etc.

DVLA and Autotrader checks show it as an Exclusive, first registered 31/01/95..........and taxed until 01/10/10, but I doubt he'll be including that in the sale.

How do you know it has leather Andrew?

andmcit
XM Guru

Post by andmcit » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:41 pm

Sorry, wires crossed, I've been looking at all the Xm's on ebay and had the idea this one does!
Guess being an early Exclusive it could be 1/2 and 1/2 or the velour you and Robert were
discussing earlier! :? Yes, better pictures always do help a lot really don't they! :lol: ;)

Andrew

Peter.N.
Global Moderator

Post by Peter.N. » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:52 am

Registered in Devon! .... I've not seen it. :D
'96 'N' 2.1 td VSX manual estate White RP6695. Sadly gone
2008 C5 2.0. Hdi Estate, Red
2008 C5 2.0. Hdi Estate Silver

Located in Charmouth, Dorset

bitonthesidexm
Knows how to use the parking brake

Post by bitonthesidexm » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:37 pm

Mileage is 110,000 with FSH to 90,000.
1994 XM Turbo Onyx in black.

Dieselman
Global Moderator

Post by Dieselman » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:59 pm

Mechanically this car is good, but bodywise a bit tatty. I think n/s rear wing has been replaced as the fit to the rear door is poor and there is rust in the lower section down to the dogleg which I think is right through but just holding, both rear doglegs have a fair bit of corrosion, the rear subframe is fairly heavily coated, but probably only surface and a couple of the brake pipes from front to rear have corrosion too. There is a very small patch on the underside bonnet catch and the strut tops need taking off, scraping and painting.

As far as s/h I'm sure the services have been done but things like the height control lever is a two hand job, it's virtually seized. Both side displays are duff and it needs a sunroof switch and n/s rear door c/l needs fixing adn the ABS light is on.
One front jacking point is crushed over and there is a bit of rust there too.

The suspension is supple but it needs the accumulator sphere changing.

TBH it's a dilema car...for me anyway, the one thing I didn't want is rust...I've got a Merc for that... :lol:
92 2.1SED M.RP5740 ECZ Sable Phenicien
92 3.0 V6-24.Rp 5713 EXY Black
92 2.1SD M.RP 5685 ENT Blue Sideral
Prev
90 2.1SD M.RP 5049 EJV Mandarin
92 2.1SD A.RP 5698 EJV Mandarin
94 2.1SD A.RP 6218 ERT Triton Green
91 2.0SI M.RP 5187 EWT White

Dean
Global Moderator

Post by Dean » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:08 pm

I know what you mean, personaly i would not tolerate rust on anything but the rarest of cars, for a distinctly average derv i would walk away for the jacking point damage alone, would rather get one that needs a head gasket than one that was going brown around the sills.

D
92 Citroen XM Prestige 3.0i Auto R.P5678
14 Mitsubishi L200 Trojan
89 Talbot Express 2.0 coach built Auto-trail Chinook

Addicted to Crackanory

Dieselman
Global Moderator

Post by Dieselman » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:11 pm

Funnily enough I've seen an Identical car with no body rust but has a small bit of damage (even that isn't rusting) needs a head gasket and has no MOT.

The one in the advert has a few electrical maladies whereas the other doens't have any...

See the dilema.. :?
92 2.1SED M.RP5740 ECZ Sable Phenicien
92 3.0 V6-24.Rp 5713 EXY Black
92 2.1SD M.RP 5685 ENT Blue Sideral
Prev
90 2.1SD M.RP 5049 EJV Mandarin
92 2.1SD A.RP 5698 EJV Mandarin
94 2.1SD A.RP 6218 ERT Triton Green
91 2.0SI M.RP 5187 EWT White

Dean
Global Moderator

Post by Dean » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:55 pm

mmmm yes, the way i see it is if the problem is mechanical once its fixed its fixed, rust on the other hand is difficult to banish, welds to the sills are unsightly and sill replacement may be expensive and may not stop the problem longterm, but then i hate bodywork repair with a vengance so im bound to say that.

Get the other one and do the head, if you have the merc to run around in time isnt an issue?? best to have a clean body really.

D
92 Citroen XM Prestige 3.0i Auto R.P5678
14 Mitsubishi L200 Trojan
89 Talbot Express 2.0 coach built Auto-trail Chinook

Addicted to Crackanory

minijet
Has changed a sphere or two

Post by minijet » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:42 pm

Dieselman wrote:Mechanically this car is good, but bodywise a bit tatty. I think n/s rear wing has been replaced as the fit to the rear door is poor and there is rust in the lower section down to the dogleg which I think is right through but just holding, both rear doglegs have a fair bit of corrosion, the rear subframe is fairly heavily coated, but probably only surface and a couple of the brake pipes from front to rear have corrosion too. There is a very small patch on the underside bonnet catch and the strut tops need taking off, scraping and painting.

As far as s/h I'm sure the services have been done but things like the height control lever is a two hand job, it's virtually seized. Both side displays are duff and it needs a sunroof switch and n/s rear door c/l needs fixing adn the ABS light is on.
One front jacking point is crushed over and there is a bit of rust there too.

The suspension is supple but it needs the accumulator sphere changing.

TBH it's a dilema car...for me anyway, the one thing I didn't want is rust...I've got a Merc for that... :lol:
Thanks for the detailed report on the car dieselman. I assume that you've been to see it......? If so, did you notice the type and condition of the interior?

Thanks,

Paul