Wanted: A few small Xm parts ....

Selling off one (or bits :o) of your XM collection, or perhaps searching for those elusive headlight washer covers? This is the place to do it.
citroenmad
Citrobics expert

Wanted: A few small Xm parts ....

Post by citroenmad » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:59 pm

On the off chance that somone might have any of the following parts they dont need I thought id post up on here and ask.

So im after:

- Gearkbob in good contition
- N/S/F side light unit in clear condition
- Cover for headlamp washer unit, only the cover

I think thats the only things it needs, im not sure how much of this is available from Citroen dealers now, i can imagine the supply is limited and will be costly.

I doubt anyone has any of these .... but id really like a set of mudflaps for an Xm estate. I know these are not available from Citroen so i have no other way to source any, ive checked ebay too and keep on checking. So if any one has any they dont want, please let me know.

If you have any of the above please post and say how much your wanting for it.

Thanks, Chris. :)
Chris.
64 C1 Feel 5 Door
S2 Xantia Exclusive 2.0HDi 110 Estate - Mauritius Blue
S1 Xantia 2.0TCT Activa - Silver
77 Ami 8 Saloon
04 Rover 75

CCC Xantia Files Columnist.

hobblerian
Knows how to use the parking brake

Re: Wanted: A few small Xm parts ....

Post by hobblerian » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:29 pm

I have a spare wood effect gear knob, however, I have a wood effect trim for the centre console I want to fit which involves removing the gear knob. If I remove my current gear knob without damage and successfully replace it then my spare will remain a spare and you will be more than welcome to it. I've read they are not really designed to be pulled off once fitted. So I'm expecting problems, it might be easy though........

I'll try and get on the case asap so I can let you know if it becomes available.

Ian
Previous XM- 1990 H 2.1TD SD
Current XM- 1997 P 2.1TD VSX

andmcit
XM Guru

Post by andmcit » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:13 am

Chris, not sure if you saw it mentioned elsewhere, anyhow:

No gearknob or mudflaps YET but there is this with postage to the European Union:
http://cgi.ebay.de/Blinkleuchte-links-C ... 0407397194

Andrew

hobblerian

Post by hobblerian » Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:36 pm

I do have a spare a spare gearknob, however it does not have the plastic insert which the leather gaiter elastics round and which holds it onto the stem. I tried to remove the insert from my current gearknob and it proved quite stubborn. However if yours is broken then i'm sure you could retrieve it more forcefully than I tried.

Its in good nick slight sunlight discolouration stripe on it, if you would like a picture i'll put one up.

It's yours if you want it, let me know and i'll post it to you. Don't want anything for it it was a bonus when I got the wood effect trim.

Ian

citroenmad
Citrobics expert

Post by citroenmad » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:18 pm

Thanks Ian, sounds promising ... what colour/effect is the wood?

I was sure VSX cars had a wood gearknob but mine doesnt, its just the usual black one, but its coming away so has a bit missing. Yes please, if you could post up a picture that would be great thanks.

Thanks Andrew, might just getthat if nothing else comes up :) Ive tried looking on German and french ebay for Xm bits, but my german is non existant and my french is poor, so takes a while to look through every listing :lol:

Ive emailed WHM for some bits, but no reply as yet.

Chris,
Chris.
64 C1 Feel 5 Door
77 Ami 8 Saloon
04 Rover 75

hobblerian

Post by hobblerian » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:13 pm

I thought it was wood effect but it does appear to be proper wood, its quite dark but has a light stripe on it.

citroenmad
Citrobics expert

Post by citroenmad » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:16 am

HI Ian, im sorry for the late reply i forgot about this thread :?

That gearknob looks great and im sure it would match in with my wood. That would be fantastic if you could post it out to me :D

Ive asked at Citroen about the headlamp washer jet cover and its not available, so if anyone has one they dont want please let me know, im not sure where im going to find one.

Ive emailed a few ebay places but i think its such an insignificant part they are not bortherd about selling such a small item. Makes the car look a bit tatty having a missing one though.

Thanks Chris.
Chris.
64 C1 Feel 5 Door
77 Ami 8 Saloon
04 Rover 75

xmexclusive
Global Moderator

Post by xmexclusive » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:58 am

Hi Chris

Check out the base of the washer jet that is screwed to the bumper (screws hidden behind the plastic chrome trim). It is usually this base plate being cracked or broken that leads to the loss of the washer cover. The plate can often be repaired with plumbing ABS cement. Without repair the risk is that a replacement will appear firm but will work off when the washers are used.

John

c9eag
XM newbie

Post by c9eag » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:00 am

hi there, i've got 2 xm's breaking, with all the parts your looking for and in good condition, again im open to sensible offers, i'll have to check on the mudflaps but there's 2 estates in the garage and im almost 100 % sure i'll have a full set between the 2

thanks

creag

hobblerian

Post by hobblerian » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:18 pm

Got your PM ok Chris, it'll be in the post tomorrow.