Window Regulator

Selling off one (or bits :o) of your XM collection, or perhaps searching for those elusive headlight washer covers? This is the place to do it.
ds21
Knows how to use the parking brake

Window Regulator

Post by ds21 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:45 pm

Hi, a friend of mine has just bought a `95 20iTurbo and is after an o/s front window regulator (one touch type) just wondered what the chances of finding a second hand one are like or can you fit a repair kit? (I think I`ve seen Brian Primmer with them for sale at the rallys)

Thanks, Andrew

minijet
Has changed a sphere or two

Re: Window Regulator

Post by minijet » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:33 pm

Hi Andrew,

the drivers window motor is the one most likely to go wrong, so it's also the most dificult to find a second hand replacement for.

Assuming that it is the wire that has snapped, there is a fixing kit available on Ebay, I think it costs around £15.

Paul.

xmexclusive
Global Moderator

Post by xmexclusive » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:09 pm

Hi Andrew

If it is an electrical problem then there are two different types of drivers window winder fitted to Mk2 XM's.
SX models got a simple 2 pole motor type as fitted to all the other XM doors.
One touch is done with a seperate little ECU box fitted to the inside of the door card.
This is virtually identical to and interchangable with the Mk1 XM drivers window winder.
The VSX and Exclusive Mk2 XM's got a comprehensive winder with the controlling ECU
integrated onto the winder motor giving "one touch" and "anti-pinch".
This is the fault prone and expensive one.
Changing the type of winder will require the door wiring loom to be swapped as well as the winder.
It may even need some car wiring too if upgrading a SX or Mk1.

Regards

John

bobhalliday
Has changed a sphere or two

Post by bobhalliday » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:55 pm

Hi Andrew.
E-Crofting on Ebay do'es an excellent kit with full intructions, He is Roy Mackay and is a forum member as Mackay1. I've had three from him and all are really good. The rust go'es for the cables but Roy's are stainless. If it's electrical it's a far differant story! They are very scarce.
Bob.
1996 Admiral Blue XM from New RP6612 N***YBL
1992 Green XM estate as stand-by. RP5623
We are all Falkirk 'Bairns'

I thought I saw light at the end of the tunnel, but it's an express train coming this way!!!!
--

Gone, but never forgotten.