eBay: loads of 'em

Selling off one (or bits :o) of your XM collection, or perhaps searching for those elusive headlight washer covers? This is the place to do it.
ThwartedEfforts
Knows how to use the parking brake

eBay: loads of 'em

Post by ThwartedEfforts » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:07 am

CITROEN XM 2.5td EXCLUSIVE aircon cruise sunroof towbar
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0355911329
Current Bid: £52.35(3 Bids)

CITROEN XM EXCLUSIVE 3.0 V6 24V AUTOMATIC - 2000 'W'
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0424589838
Current Bid: £0.99(1 Bid)

2000 (V) CITROEN XM 2.0 CT TURBO VSX AUTO - FSH TAXED
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0397254926
Buy It Now £1,995.00

2000(W) CITROEN XM EXCLUSIVE 3.0 V6 24v AUTO ULTRA RARE
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0397293826
Buy It Now £4,295.00

96(P) CITROEN XM 2.0CT TURBO EXCLUSIVE AUTO 58K FSH
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0397311423
Buy It Now £2,995.00

Some stupendously costly examples from the guy at WHM who is now putting "Don't be confused with some of the rubbish that appears on Ebay or in the Auto Trader" in his advertorial. Has to be a minimum of £1K profit in each of his cars - a more appropriate phrase might be "Don't confuse my inflated prices with some of the more realistic numbers that appear on eBay and Auto Trader".

I think I've said before that I've spoken to him twice about cars over the years, and he sounded completely disinterested, and I've emailed him regarding parts several times and never even had a response. Clown.

nirgunapa
Knows how to use the parking brake

Re: eBay: loads of 'em

Post by nirgunapa » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:31 pm

It's interesting that its people on the forum who start at realistic prices.
I might go for gavsxm diesel - I've lurked long enough! :lol:
Colin

1992 XM Prestige
1999 Skoda Felicia - the wife's new drive
1959 Commer Cob - SORN
1952 Riley RMA - retirement project

2001 Volvo S80 - for sale soon

andmcit
XM Guru

Post by andmcit » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:45 pm

I agree Gav's car is very nice, isn't it! Hope it goes to an enthusiast on the forum here,
it very much looks like it'd be one of the good'uns!! :D

Andrew

gav
XM newbie

Post by gav » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:16 pm

hi all and thanks for the comments about gavsxm car. I hoped the pics would do it justice. There is a clue in my tag thats its my car.

I am hoping it does go to an enthusiast especially given its spec and the effort i've put into keeping on top of the usual XM foibles. Thanks to everybody on this forum for keeping it in good condition.

sadly my circumstances dictate a change being required and much like others have done i tried to think of any suitable alternatives. Quite a short list in my instance... an xm estate of equal spec to mine (so i've given up that quest) or a bog std people carrier with three seats in the back!

Any questions about the car feel free to ask. Just pm me or give me a ring on 07989 893516. I've known XMs long enough to know they are not worth £4000 but i'm hoping to get something reasonable for mine and contribute to cancer research in the process (whether via ebay or not).
Emerald green 2.5td Exclusive

Peter.N.
Global Moderator

Post by Peter.N. » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:35 pm

No 2.1 manuals though. :cry:
'96 'N' 2.1 td VSX manual estate White RP6695. Sadly gone
2008 C5 2.0. Hdi Estate, Red
2008 C5 2.0. Hdi Estate Silver

Located in Charmouth, Dorset

minijet
Has changed a sphere or two

Post by minijet » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:58 pm

Peter.N. wrote:No 2.1 manuals though. :cry:
That's because there's none left Peter, you've already got them all :D

Did anyone on here get the 2.5 in Scotland?

carliterature
Can find the S1 radio

Post by carliterature » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:04 pm

ThwartedEfforts wrote:Some stupendously costly examples from the guy at WHM who is now putting "Don't be confused with some of the rubbish that appears on Ebay or in the Auto Trader" in his advertorial. Has to be a minimum of £1K profit in each of his cars - a more appropriate phrase might be "Don't confuse my inflated prices with some of the more realistic numbers that appear on eBay and Auto Trader".

I think I've said before that I've spoken to him twice about cars over the years, and he sounded completely disinterested, and I've emailed him regarding parts several times and never even had a response. Clown.
Hmmmm, well, I'm consciously trying not to comment too strongly on the guy at WHM seeing as he's got one pretty much identical to mine on now, but when I first wanted an XM back in 2005 I emailed them asking about various models they had for sale. Waited a week with no response so called, only to be told "we don't check the emails". Errr, right. Anyway, asked about a couple of the cars and said I'd pop down that day to go and look. I was told that I couldn't go down on that day (a Saturday) as the "cars are stored in a field and I need to make sure they start etc before you get here". Didn't fill me with much confidence to be honest but went anyway. They had a few at their site but none of them hadn't been prepared for sale - all the ones at the time were slightly scruffy, odd bits of trim boken, bumper corners scuffed and marked etc. Fair enough, everytime I pointed something out the stock response was "yeah, that'll be put right before you collect it" but the selection didn't look instantly appealing. Saying that they presumably get interest in their stock at those prices so people must be paying the prices, or at least they're low enough to attract the initial interest...

Keith
2000 W Citroen XM 3.0i V6 24V Exclusive - Silver - January 2008 to date
1998 S Citroen Xantia 3.0i V6 24V Exclusive - Black - July 2006 to January 2008
1999 T Citroen XM 3.0i V6 24V Exclusive - Magenta - May 2005 to June 2006

andmcit
XM Guru

Post by andmcit » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:56 pm

I did get a two word ebay ask seller as question response once. Thought that popped into my mind then was what a total tw*t.

The cars seem to reside in a field a lot judging by citroenmad's findings and pictures on their auctions etc - not good for the
hydraulics and vulnerable underside especially on Cx's. Any outfit that's blatantly taking the piss asking 5-6 times more than
the going rate for parts as well as cars has to be best avoided really - why subsidise their greed arrogance and ultimately
their stupidity? Put it this way, they're never going to have any business from me - I don't like feeling had by a sharp operator.

Andrew

andmcit
XM Guru

Post by andmcit » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:02 pm

Their high prices don't necessarily mean top quality, it just means they've got the balls and damn cheek to ask it.
By posting a high asking price they're simply drawing in buyers with a few quid; after trekking all the way to the
back of beyond some people may unintentionally sacrifice their expectations to come away with a car believing
that the alternatives available out there must be even worse than the Xm specific dealer. I've been very shocked
by the iffy quality of the CX's paraded by the CX Centre over the years and they too take the biscuit for footballer
wages asking prices.

Andrew

Dean
Global Moderator

Post by Dean » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:50 pm

I dont have a problem with high prices, if you dont think whatever it is, is worth 'x' then nobody is forcing you to buy it, some people feel reasured by a higher price! but its things like Kieth and Andrews experiences that would irritate me, when the cars are dumped in a field for years and customers are treated like dirt then the inflated price doesnt seem to buy you their time in dealing with you, and you know damn well it doesnt go on the cars thus leaving you, the buyer feeling conned :evil: if you got good communication, and the feeling the seller goes out of their way to see that you are happy and not inconvenienced and there was a good aftersales service and the cars were dry stored whilst offered for sale then you should expect these prices easily but WHM seem to want their cake and eat it too which is going to make anyone feel ripped off!

D
92 Citroen XM Prestige 3.0i Auto R.P5678
14 Mitsubishi L200 Trojan
89 Talbot Express 2.0 coach built Auto-trail Chinook

Addicted to Crackanory