2000 W XM Exclusive V6 for sale

Selling off one (or bits :o) of your XM collection, or perhaps searching for those elusive headlight washer covers? This is the place to do it.
minijet
Has changed a sphere or two

Re: 2000 W XM Exclusive V6 for sale

Post by minijet » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:50 pm

citroenxm wrote:That CX in Andrews early posting is VERY nice, silver, but no so sure about the factory cream dash and leather.... hmmmmmm

VERY nice though...

P

I'm not that keen on the shape of the CX, but I think the interior is nicer than the XM. I particularly like the sloping centre console, and those seats - it looks like something from a 70's sci-fi programme...........UFO perhaps :D
I think the colour is ok too. It makes a nice change from black (although it doesn't really go with silver).

I was looking at the car dealer stands at the Yorkshire show a few weeks ago (there were about a dozen of them), I was surprised to find that every manufacturer was displaying cars with black interior trim (some leather, others nylon - well, that's what it looked like), set off with bits of metal inserted here and there (wallnut is certainly not in this year).
The worst was Volvo, every car had an ugly strip of scratched aluminium running the length of the facia.
As far as interiors go, it seems you can have it in any colour you want as long as it's black........
The only exception was a Lexus convertable with white interior, including carpet. Looked very flash, but not very practical.

andmcit
XM Guru

Post by andmcit » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:13 pm

The proportions of the Prestige can be regarded by some to be OTT with the longer estate
bodyshell and higher roofline but the rear door and wing actually look better balanced in
overall proportion than a normal saloon! In fact seen after being around a Prestige for a
while, a 'normal' Cx saloon almost appears like the sawn off shotgun version!

The only thing that does date the Cx amongst any modern vehicle are the rain gutters.
It needs these deseamed like a Mini although the rain would just run straight in when the
door is opened; just like most modern cars then! :roll: :lol:

Andrew

carliterature
Can find the S1 radio

Post by carliterature » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:25 pm

Dean wrote:there is just no helping some people is there, why do that to yourself? :lol:

Soe of my suggestions, well wants actualy :D
Saab 9000 CDS 2.3T
CX Turbo 2
Volvo 850 T5
And your choice of the X300, why not an XJS? well that would be my choice anyway

D
Ha! Yeah, I know! There's just something so very enticing about the looks of those Renaults though... Beauty being in the eye of the beholder and all that :)

Hmmmm, I'm certainly not anti the Saab 9000s (my old man ran one for a few years) but they're not really grabbing me. Would consider a late 850R or V70R but finding a fairly standard one's quite a challenge - or one without mileage that's been on regular moon visits judging by the digits!

Sadly nicer, lower mileage XJSes are also getting pricey now. Don't get me wrong, a later/ facelifted V12 coupe would be fantastic, although it's not quite as practical as I'd need it to be. What a car though!

Keith
2000 W Citroen XM 3.0i V6 24V Exclusive - Silver - January 2008 to date
1998 S Citroen Xantia 3.0i V6 24V Exclusive - Black - July 2006 to January 2008
1999 T Citroen XM 3.0i V6 24V Exclusive - Magenta - May 2005 to June 2006

carliterature
Can find the S1 radio

Post by carliterature » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:33 pm

andmcit wrote:When you made the change from Xant Exclusive to Xm Exclusive, how do you compare the
abilities and character of the two cars sharing the 24v v6 with the auto adaptive box? I've
got the Xantia and am intrigued by the Xm version! Fortunately I do have a s1 Xm 24v but
the manual does alter comparisons when living with both on a daily basis.
Hi Andrew

Well, as you'll see from my signature, I went XM > Xantia > XM. When I did the first switch, the Xantia felt incredibly sprightly, more lively and sportier handling, more responsive (less weight maybe?) but definitely more 'sporty' even though it wasn't a sports car. Whilst I enjoyed the Xantia a lot I missed having that more individual look of the XM. When I found my current one and driving it straight after driving the Xantia, the XM felt more grand and stately - it's certainly not as sporty a setup, more of a GT if you like. Don't get me wrong, I think it's one of these 'each to their own' scenarios but I have a very soft spot for big engined, powerful, larger cars that are effortless but rapid. There's definitely more of a sense of occasion to my mind than the Xantia - it feels like you're in something special, that you become involved with. Maybe because it needed to be 'normalised' to some degree to attract fleet sales but the Xantia feels more of a machine in the appliance sense whereas the XM feels more, well alive somehow. Sorry, I'm rambling.

Keith

carliterature
Can find the S1 radio

Post by carliterature » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:43 pm

Assich wrote:Well someone got a real bargain come the 75k miles service

"10/10/07 | Service (including replacing cambelt; idlers; gearbox oil; lubcrication of ride height linkages; new accumulator sphere; heater panel bulb) | 75403 miles | BL Autos & Sons Ltd | £411.29"

That's a seriously cheap canmbelt change never mind the gearbox oil and sphere.
I didn't want to say too much in the advert about this, mainly because I don't believe it's much of an issue. The previous owner of my car is a Citroen UK employee. He enjoys various high spec Xantias and XMs for short periods of time before selling them on. He's also got at least one CX and an SM to my knowledge. He knows his stuff and can obtain a discount on parts he needs to buy because of his employment position. So this partially accounts for the lower price.

I have less knowledge of BL Autos but from what I understand they are one of the country's foremost experts in rarer Citroens and have a very deep understanding of this partcular engine in its various applications so can do jobs quicker than many. Added to the fact that the guys there are friends with the previous owner and considering the amount of work he must put their way, they could (and I stress could because I don't know) have offered a more reasonable rate for doing the work. The owner of the Xantia V6 I previously had also ensured they did some work on it, from memory because of their reputation.

I'm more than happy to scan the invoice/ breakdown of work for anyone who's interested in reading it.

Cheers

Keith

andmcit
XM Guru

Post by andmcit » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:47 pm

Thanks for the reply - interesting!

Actually, it makes perfect sense and I do feel the same way about running a Xantia back to back with an
Xm and for that matter ramped up further when I drive my Cx Gti T2!! 8-) I too like big lazy but powerful
cars that are quirky and very much not run of the mill - the Xantia 24v V6 is a rare crossover; very
corny phrase these days but yes it's the more 'normal' car that isn't - bit like the Xantia Activa, the
other best kept Citroen second hand car secret!!

Andrew

carliterature
Can find the S1 radio

Post by carliterature » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:48 pm

Oooooh strange coincidence. Having hardly seen any V6 XMs about for sale for ages, I notice WHM have listed one looking pretty identical (same colour, age, spec but lower miles) just an hour after I listed mine! The cheek of it!!

Wonder what their one's like? Looks good in the pictures.

People are comparitively spoilt for choice!!

Keith

carliterature
Can find the S1 radio

Post by carliterature » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:53 pm

andmcit wrote:Thanks for the reply - interesting!

Actually, it makes perfect sense and I do feel the same way about running a Xantia back to back with an
Xm and for that matter ramped up further when I drive my Cx Gti T2!! 8-) I too like big lazy but powerful
cars that are quirky and very much not run of the mill - the Xantia 24v V6 is a rare crossover; very
corny phrase these days but yes it's the more 'normal' car that isn't - bit like the Xantia Activa, the
other best kept Citroen second hand car secret!!

Andrew
Thanks! Was beginning to think I'd lost the thread of what I was saying due to tiredness setting in. Not yet experienced a CX first hand but they're on the 'list' so to speak. Yes, I know what you mean, the Xantia V6 is a nice crossover - and quite a Q Car too - and whilst it didn't look quirky in the traditional sense for Citroen, it did have some unusual detailing and shapes here and there to make it more distinctive than many of the other bland repmobiles which were its contemporaries. Never sampled a Xantia Activa either but I've read many a glowing report... now, a V6 auto Activa would be something...

Keith

andmcit
XM Guru

Post by andmcit » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:59 pm

I saw that too - thought I was seeing double and had to check the reg number;
I nearly asked earlier if you're after a similar WHM price actually! ;)

I'm sure I've drooled over some of the Citroen machinery the previous owner sells through ebay - aren't these
the cars that always have a CX Prestige lurking in the background pictured on a driveway of a big detached
house with front bay windows - if you've seen them pictured you'll know what I mean!! Cambridgeshire way
IIRC? He had a very nice s1 metal bumpered GTi Turbo in silver a short while back - bargain at £2795 IIRC...

My perfect next car is something that sadly doesn't exist - unless I make it myself!!

A Delage red Activa V6 24v Estate - with AC/cloth/sunroof and winter pack - torn about the auto/manual choice
as the estate would get used ALL the time but I guess I'd have to have a similar saloon in manual form as a
matching bookend! :D

Andrew

Dean
Global Moderator

Post by Dean » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:06 am

Yeah i can understand your view of the saab, i liked it but it must be a val satis thing ;) :D
And a V12 XJS is what i was after a couple of years ago but i bought a Honda instead............dont ask :) , there is a V12 convertable in black with cream leather over here, only comes out with the sun and it is absolutely A1 in every respect, i would sell unused organs for that car but swmbo says no, spoilsport :lol: , they are getting a bit expensive now too your right, thing is the longer you leave it the more expensive they are going to get................like the Sm? :(

D
92 Citroen XM Prestige 3.0i Auto R.P5678
14 Mitsubishi L200 Trojan
89 Talbot Express 2.0 coach built Auto-trail Chinook

Addicted to Crackanory