Free to good home Xantia belt tensioners

Selling off one (or bits :o) of your XM collection, or perhaps searching for those elusive headlight washer covers? This is the place to do it.
onthecut
Citrobics expert

Free to good home Xantia belt tensioners

Post by onthecut » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:10 am

Having bitten the bullet and done the belts on the stand-in Xantia (1.9XUD) I find I have a couple of perfectly usable cam belt tensioners to spare. (The fixed one and the tensioning one) Bought a full belt kit, so fitted the new ones anyway, but those I've taken off look good to go again without any problems. First come, first served -- just the postage, please (£4.75).

For reference -- yes I know it's the wrong forum -- aux belt length on the air con 1.9 Xantia varies depending on make of air con compressor fitted, so have old belt as a pattern.

Incidentally, what a pig of a job -- really, markedly , vastly easier on the 2.5 !!

Mike.

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Re: Free to good home Xantia belt tensioners

Post by citroenxm » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:43 pm

Hang on a bit confused here..

You start off talking Cam Belt tensioners, then finish off with Aux Belt tensioners..

Which ones are they?? If they are Aux Belt tensioners my hand is up, if they are cam belt, then its ok.. Ive NEVER found a problem with these..

Cheers
Paul
Projects:(eventually if theres any bodywork left)
93 L Xm 2.1t D auto project
93 L xm V6 12v Sei Manual

Others
In use.. 1995 M reg S2 2.1td auto exclusive

onthecut
Citrobics expert

Re: Free to good home Xantia belt tensioners

Post by onthecut » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:53 pm

citroenxm wrote:Hang on a bit confused here..

You start off talking Cam Belt tensioners, then finish off with Aux Belt tensioners..

Which ones are they?? If they are Aux Belt tensioners my hand is up, if they are cam belt, then its ok.. Ive NEVER found a problem with these..

Cheers
Paul

Hard luck -- as in the first sentence, it's the cam belt tensioners.

Mike.