how much would this be worth?

Selling off one (or bits :o) of your XM collection, or perhaps searching for those elusive headlight washer covers? This is the place to do it.
robert_e_smart
Global Moderator

Re: how much would this be worth?

Post by robert_e_smart » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:43 am

I also thought that they were the same. I kept the Autobox from the Onyx Turbo I broke incase I ever needed it for the 2.1TD.

All the differences asides, would you be able to fit it to the car and be able to drive it as per normal?

Robert
1990 XM 2.1 Turbo SD
2008 Volvo V70 D5 SE Lux Automatic
2009 Volvo XC90 D5 SE Automatic

Dean
Global Moderator

Post by Dean » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:38 am

Ive never seen a HP18 from a 2.1TD but it will fit on any other engine in the range as they are all defined as Q which as far as i can tell referes to the modifications made to the gearbox casing to suit each manufacturer, so yes it should fit and work but shift points COULD be irratic under certain conditions and IF the final drive is different (which it must be) that could cause the obvious problems too.

D
92 Citroen XM Prestige 3.0i Auto R.P5678
14 Mitsubishi L200 Trojan
89 Talbot Express 2.0 coach built Auto-trail Chinook

Addicted to Crackanory

andmcit
XM Guru

Post by andmcit » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:54 am

I'm running a new Xantia 1.8 16v autobox on a 2.0 8v and the gearing is different between
the original boxes but if anything the 2.0i is a better car to drive now feeling a bit more
eager. No real harm done as at least it works again - yep, forward motion went on the ZF
HP 14 in the Xantia - fully serviced all it's days and showing 70+k miles.

Autoboxes are bloody horrid things with all their grief and expense - even when they're
working and being made to keep working with preventative maintenance... :evil:

Andrew

Dean
Global Moderator

Post by Dean » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:20 pm

both normaly aspirated engines though Andrew, my concern is swapping a N/A box to a Turbo engine or vice versa will not work, and swapping from petrol to derv or vice versa will probably cause problems if the final drive is not corrected.

D

Addicted to Crackanory

broyty
Can find the S1 radio

Post by broyty » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:38 pm

Dean wrote:both normaly aspirated engines though Andrew, my concern is swapping a N/A box to a Turbo engine or vice versa will not work, and swapping from petrol to derv or vice versa will probably cause problems if the final drive is not corrected.

D
there is no difference between the rebuild kits consisting of clutch packs, brake bands, and seal kits between the n/a and turbo petrol and diesel options as you say the gearing is the only difference on the hp18 box as it is designed as all other boxes are to take a max amount of torque even the valve block parts listed are the same there are two torque converters listed one normal duty and one heavy duty for heavy towing just a higher stall this info is from our suppliers of autobox rebuild parts

Mick
1995 2.0l turbo exclusive hatch rp 6766 78000 miles

Dean
Global Moderator

Post by Dean » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:20 pm

thanks broyty, looks like all turbo boxes will fit all turbo's then, cant be 100% of course, even the saab i had with the same box pushing out 230bhp had the same basic box and clutch's apart from a couple of small differences mainly to the casing it was identical, i have no doubt they can take the power its just the boost sensor.
Any interest in the car yet on the forum here?

D

Addicted to Crackanory

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Post by citroenxm » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:45 pm

Well guys... Different or not, I do have a Turbo autobox from a S2 1995 M reg Turbo car, which I know is a good one too!

ID be interested in opening up the old box and try and learn a bit..

Paul
Projects:(eventually if theres any bodywork left)
93 L Xm 2.1t D auto project
93 L xm V6 12v Sei Manual

Others
In use.. 1995 M reg S2 2.1td auto exclusive

broyty
Can find the S1 radio

Post by broyty » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:53 pm

Hi dean i have45 watchers and lots of questions on ebay one of those is the member who started this thread
i think the silliest question has to be so far "can i drive it home" :lol: (well i suppose it will go backwards ok)
if my friend finds the autobox from a turbo xm that he converted it will have a good low mileage box with it

at the moment there is one of the pug boys if he gets it only wants the engine and ecu i get to keep the complete shell if it goes this way i will post it on here for parts
if you want anything i have some friends coming down to the island to the mini owners meet i think in may, i may even be coming down myself i would love to meet and chat with you face to face it is so much easier than trying to think of the words and type at the same time.. :lol:

Cheers

Mick
1995 2.0l turbo exclusive hatch rp 6766 78000 miles

Dean
Global Moderator

Post by Dean » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:12 pm

Yeah if your coming down just let me know and we can meet up for a chat.
Would be a shame to loose the engine for a conversion but it is an auction and highest bidder wins i suppose.
Are you not interested in it as a going concern Paul? have a go at repairing the box yourself then too.........

D

Addicted to Crackanory

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Post by citroenxm » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:10 pm

Nah Dean, it would be a do to sell, Im not a TCT Fan what so ever, my current black one prooved that to me..

Im not, either, a Fixer, more a fitter, so Id simply stick another box in there!

PAul
Projects:(eventually if theres any bodywork left)
93 L Xm 2.1t D auto project
93 L xm V6 12v Sei Manual

Others
In use.. 1995 M reg S2 2.1td auto exclusive